Engine A couple MAF questions (Finally got my donor engine!)

Vulpes5.0

5 Year Member
Nov 17, 2018
Warner Robins, Georgia
So i came across an engine deal and i picked it up for 300, really nice honest guy, everything looks clean and I'm just re-gasketing everything, cleaning it, making it look nice. same year for my 1987 mustang GT, worst I've seen is maybe some timing chain slop and the E7TE heads have seen better days, but it's to be expected with original things this old.
I currently have a gt40 upper and lower ready to go on the car, and i found a deal for GT40 cylinder heads, along with a trick flow stage 1 cam selling from a reputable guy i know for 250, and this seems like yet another fantastic deal (patience goes a long way looking for these things)

I'm curious if I would be able to run the stock speed density system in my car without a tune with:
1- Only GT40 upper and lower intakes
or 2- GT40 upper and lower intakes plus cylinder heads as well
or 3- All of the GT40 accessories plus the trick flow cam and upgraded valve springs to accommodate. (I believe I'd need new pushrods too, as well as injectors)

Even if i can't use these parts, they're a little too cheap for me to want to pass up. I'm considering just going full gt40 because a new cam is an expensive rabbit hole to go down for parts when im not even sure if my current situation will run just yet, and i know nothing about my transmission's condition either, and i need to account for that.

• Sponsors (?)

I think i may need new injectors regardless of what i do honestly. they ran "alright" from what i could tell the little time i ran the crappy car, but the car had been sitting for years, and i ran a small amount of very rough fuel through the car. They've surely seen better days. one of my friends i talked to said he thinks I'd be good for 1 and 2, not 3, but i wanted some of the experience from folks on here. i could possibly get away with running bigger injectors with speed density?