A couple pics of the Nitrous install

• Sponsors (?)

Lsredy2kstang said:
It is not totally complete but it is able to be tested out in the driveway as well!

Here are a few of the purge and bottle heater switch and the solenoid mounted and FPSS.

I have a electric Nitrous pressure gauge in the mail today. So I will be installing it real soon!

http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31735

Enjoy and any questions?

Thanks for this!!! You know I have already picked your brain a ton on the nitrous stuff. I like the heater switch! I'm really keen on the electronic nitrous pressure guage, which one did you go with.

I went with an electronic Nitrous pressuge gauge. I actually picked up a used one from a guy that just totalled his stang in a wreck. It is the C2 model.

It will be here tomorrow with an install date to be soon! FFW Atlanta is next weekend so hopefully this week for sure!

I also picked up an Xcal2 for a tune to be done eventually. i could not pass on the deal that I got it for. Number and times coming soon!

Lsredy2kstang said:
Here is some pictures of the final with wire loom in place. It turned out good. I am not sure if I will keep the red or change to black or not?

I have it jetted for a 50 shot right now and have jets coming for a 100 shot for FFW!

I am hoping for a 13 sec slip!

i wouldn't move to the 100 shot until you get a tune for it... you'll need to pull a couple of degrees of timing...

Lsredy2kstang said:
Well NX stated that it would be fine on 100, no more. I am getting a tune eventually. i have a buddy that was running 100 on an automatic without any problems at all.

ok... btw... are you talking about a 2005/06 4.0L???

Lsredy2kstang said:
No, I have a 2000 and his was an 2001. That could be a difference, but I am not sure on teh newer models.

I posted pics here and tech info for It is a universal kit for FORD's and it makes great tech!

ok... just curious why you would post this in the 2005/06 V6 Tech section... ???

but anyways... personally i wouldn't install N20 in my car at any size shot without at least being on a dyno measuring A/F just for safety's sake... The first time I sprayed was on the dyno... just my 2 cents...

Well because does it matter if it is a TECH for V6? Yeah it is year specific, but I am just seeing tires/exhuast threads. I thought that I could get it moving a little bit.

Second, I have said that I was running a 75 shot prior too without any problem.

Why do you say you need to check your A/F fuel for? Tell us all why? I am waiting your answer!

Thanks,

T

Lsredy2kstang said:
Well because does it matter if it is a TECH for V6? Yeah it is year specific, but I am just seeing tires/exhuast threads. I thought that I could get it moving a little bit.

Second, I have said that I was running a 75 shot prior too without any problem.

Why do you say you need to check your A/F fuel for? Tell us all why? I am waiting your answer!

Thanks,

T

You need to check your A/F to make sure you're getting enough fuel... you want to make sure you're not running to lean when you spray... Run to lean and you'll burn things up... maybe not right away... but eventually you will..

Since it's a 2000, i'm assuming your running the wet kit?

For example...

on the 75HP shot we used the recommended nitrous and fuel jets..

on the 100HP shot we found that the recommend fuel jet was actually adding to much fuel for my car...

0n the 125HP shot we found that the recommended fuel jet wasn't adding enough fuel so we had to put a larger fuel jet in...

making sure you have the proper A/F when your spraying is one of the major keys to motor longevity on the juice...

Well that is good information.

So you are using a wet kit as well.

A good dyno tune would help more on a Dry Kit where you are not pulling fuel off the fuel rail but adding it via the computer through the MAF

Sounds like a jet problem there actually? Or maybe a FP problem more than a kit problem.

NX stands behind their jetting. They are the only ones that will give you true Hp for the jetting you are using.

So If I am using a 75/100 shot that is what I will see. So when you were using the 100 shot, your car was safer putting in more fuel, thus not gaining the full 100 shot.

Now, on the 125 shot, I agree a lean situation is terrible. Does Zex flow test their system and jets? NX does.

And when you get a tune, you are not just tunign the car for the Nitrous but also for driveability in N/A mode.

I have an Xcal Coming for I don't use the No2 all the time and know that with a tune i can gain about 10-20 on the car right now as she sits.

Keep the tech coming man, this is what Tech is about!

Letting people learn!

I have not been this tested in a while! I am liking you!

Travis

Lsredy2kstang said:
Well that is good information.

So you are using a wet kit as well.

A good dyno tune would help more on a Dry Kit where you are not pulling fuel off the fuel rail but adding it via the computer through the MAF

Sounds like a jet problem there actually? Or maybe a FP problem more than a kit problem.

NX stands behind their jetting. They are the only ones that will give you true Hp for the jetting you are using.

So If I am using a 75/100 shot that is what I will see. So when you were using the 100 shot, your car was safer putting in more fuel, thus not gaining the full 100 shot.

Now, on the 125 shot, I agree a lean situation is terrible. Does Zex flow test their system and jets? NX does.

And when you get a tune, you are not just tunign the car for the Nitrous but also for driveability in N/A mode.

I have an Xcal Coming for I don't use the No2 all the time and know that with a tune i can gain about 10-20 on the car right now as she sits.

Keep the tech coming man, this is what Tech is about!

Letting people learn!

I have not been this tested in a while! I am liking you!

Travis

I'm sure Zex flow tests their system... but the jetting chart is designed for an otherwise stock car... actually it's for the GT... just happens to fit nicely on the V6.. I've got at BIG 'ol C&L CAI which i think throws things off.. so if you have mods on your car i wouldn't expect the jet chart to be 100% right.. i think of it as more of a guideline... LOL! Another reason to get a custom tune...

Well when we went from the 100 to the 125 we seen just over a 20HP gain at the wheel which is exactly what we would expect considering I have an automatic.. figure about an 18% to 20% loss...

I only spray at the track... so I have a special nitrous tune that i load at the track.. It's not really a big deal having two tunes... one for driving around town and one for the track.. only takes a couple of minutes to reflash the car...

Okay, you need to let people know that your car is not stock. Mine is not either. In most of the pictures you can tell that.

On an otherwise stock car most jetting does not need a tune.

Your on the other hand needs one for you have changed the MAF and a few other things. So you have to have the No2 tune to offset some of tune that you are doing.

I will have to have the same, I know it but I have not changed the MAF or fuel delivery system in any way with a custom N/A tune. Mine will be safe for 100 shot, Or i hope it will. You take a chance anytime you are goig to the track.

Do you have the Xcal2? How do you like it? I am due to receive mine in the mail today! Hurry up Brown Truck!

Keep it coming, this is TECH and great to see it!

Travis

I also have two tunes, one street and one track tune. As I only spray at the track. I also have a CAI and like John said, that throws things off a bit.

The XCAL2 is great!!!!! I used to have a preditor and for an auto, the XCAL2 is the way to go, you can do a lot more with an auto on an xcal vs. the pred.