A few new pics of the stang..

red89stanggt

Founding Member
Jul 10, 2002
Bernville, Pennsylvania
I pulled the car out of the garage today and took some pictures of it.. Let me know what you think!:SNSign:

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0163.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg

DSCN0173.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

sexy... I need something cleared up, can you buy that paint or do you have to go throguh for d with a top secret style to get it painted i have heard it was used on money, but my neighbor just thinks it was an urban myth, let me know.

you can buy it from most paint stores i know ppg's version is called harlequin and house of colors is camillion there are several colors of it and they are all outrageously expensive. you have to first paint the car or item black, then you spray this over it very thin. its made out of shell pigment.

well I know that, but this particular color, like Ford's mystic I thought u can only get from ford and ford has to do the painting. Like mystichrome on the new ones you can get but not the 96 "Mystic color b/c it was used on money or somethin

Red89 - car looks good!

BTW - if you're ever interested, a bunch of mustang owners meet every Sunday round 6pm at the Wawa on Rt. 100 in Eagle (Turnpike to D'town and go Route 100 north for about 2 miles). Last night there was over 30 cars (not all mustangs, but a lot of Terminators as well as a Viper).

grey5.0beast said:
I am pretty sure, we'lll see what he says

To get the Mystic paint you have to go through BASF, they will confirm that it is a Mystic though the VIN and send a rep from either BASF or SVT to confirm the ammount of paint needed for the repairs, they will instruct the person at the body shop on how to spray the paint if they have never used a BASF product, wait till the car is sprayed and take all left over materials with them. It isnt as bad of a process as many people make it out to be. The only reason it is the way it is, is because the US Mint uses the pigment from the paint in their currency..