A few pics of the new ride!

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
Only 2 pics I took before work this morning. I will take better pics this weekend.

The old beast

028.jpg

023.jpg

The new beast

View attachment 206750

View attachment 206751

• Sponsors (?)

So which one feels faster? :D

Right now my 01 felt faster but this is my first manual so I need to get down the shifting better. The last manual I drove was over five years a go and that was a 10 ton gas truck at an airport. My 01 had about 350 crank hp and my new GT is stock at 300 crank. Once this weekend comes around my new GT should be close to the hp of my 01 (JLT CAI and Bama 93 oct performance tune). As to what car is more fun to drive. The 07 is. The 07 is just a great all around car with a smooth ride, 3.55 gears stock (not changing seeing as I'm going F/I with this one), 18" rims with 255/45-18s, great breaks , love the interior even though is mostly all hard plastic, sounds great stock (Will sound better once I put the Borla stingers on this weekend). I loved the look of my sn95 but I also love the look of the s197s with some exterior mods. I bought the chrome tail light inserts to give it that 64-70 look and I'm also going to get the silver horse side window louvers to give it that 65-68 fastback look. I'm very happy that I found a wingless s197 because I do not like the wing on these cars. Also I just came back from trying out my buddies 02 GT (manual) and the clutch on the sn95 feels like your pushing a 100lb weight to the floor compared to my 07.

Looks good. I see a S197 in my future. I too think they need some exterior mods, but overall, I love them. I'm not a drag racer so I don't care about the extra weight. It'll also be nice that my wife will be able to drive it. She can drive a clutch, but I won't let her near the crappy tranny on my car. I absolutely hate it.

Looks good. I see a S197 in my future. I too think they need some exterior mods, but overall, I love them. I'm not a drag racer so I don't care about the extra weight. It'll also be nice that my wife will be able to drive it. She can drive a clutch, but I won't let her near the crappy tranny on my car. I absolutely hate it.

To tell you the truth the s197 at least the base manual GT model weighs only as much as my 01 GT automatic. She will be a fun car and I hope to have her for a long time:nice:.

To tell you the truth the s197 at least the base manual GT model weighs only as much as my 01 GT automatic. She will be a fun car and I hope to have her for a long time:nice:.

A buddy of mine made 295 @ the wheels w/ just a cold air and a tune.

Tunable Induction LLC The Original Mustand Cold Air Intake System . Now Partnered with Unique Tuning LLC The Carolinas #1 Source for Mustang & Dodge Performance Parts, Service And Dynojet Tuning Using Diablosport And SCT Software

That should get you where you need to be:)

That CAI looks just like the JLT. Its funny I spent thousands of dollars on my 01 to get it to 293rwhp and all you need on a s197 is CAI and tune to get that or more.

we had a dyno day out here one day and there were probably13 s197's out here...the slowest one was an usto that made 324 to the wheels with just a few mods...that car is going to haul some ass!

i love the new edge but this one you can make quick in a hurry...nice choice :nice: