A few questions, any help would be appreciated

I have a 1989 Mustang GT and I have a few questions.

1. Are 4 cylinder control arms the same as v8 control arms?

2. I have heard that the inside of a distributor gets gummed up and when the car is cold it will throw off timing and cause a back fire through the intake manifold. Is this true?

3. While at the junk yard today I spied one of those aftermarket metering blocks that go behind the IAC. Does anyone know what I am talking about? And also does anyone know how to adjust one?

4. I have heard many opinions on this next one and I need the truth. Will boxing my stock control arms help any with poly bushings?

5. The traction control light on later model mustangs is very cool. Not the traction control but the light it self. Does any one have one that will part with? Or just the cover with the smoking tire on it that is transparent.

Thank you for any help

• Sponsors (?)

1. I want to say no, but I'm not 100% sure.

2. I have never heard that. It should do anything to timing; that is handled by the computer.

3. Some say they help with adjusting idle, some say they dont. My '89 GT came with one, but it didnt neem to do much when I tried adjusting it. Just grab one from the yard anyway.

4. Boxing the control arms will help no matter what, but aftermarkets obviously are better.

5. You want a fake traction control light?

I just had an idea: they should put a smoking engine icon on the check engine light :rlaugh: