A fox that handles pretty impressivly

• Sponsors (?)

I don't watch the youtube stuff but a fox can be made to handle really well (we have a member or two here who pull a G on the skidpad). It just takes a LOT of money. Then again, doing the same with these (5N95) cars aint cheap either.

That's pretty impressive!

To tell you the truth, our cars aren't that bad either. Yeah there is body roll when taking turns fast, but I think they are pretty balanced. Like in an emergency (dumb bitch cutting me off) I can cut the wheel pretty hard and it goes where it needs to go.

My sister's civic for instance, I have to use both hands when I'm steering. With the stang, I can use 1 hand. I don't know, maybe cause it's fwd. But the stang handles better than the civic.

I have always loved the way my mustang handles. I can take it around corners pretty quick. As long as you dont let off half way in the corner then your great. Lol. We come factory with front and rear sway bars, strut tower brace, modified mcpherson front suspension and a rear with quad shocks and trac-loc factory:D I will always love my Mustang GT:D :flag: Only thing that really kills us GT's is the stock ride height and the factory brakes.

I have always loved the way my mustang handles. I can take it around corners pretty quick. As long as you dont let off half way in the corner then your great. Lol. We come factory with front and rear sway bars, strut tower brace, modified mcpherson front suspension and a rear with quad shocks and trac-loc factory:D I will always love my Mustang GT:D :flag: Only thing that really kills us GT's is the stock ride height and the factory brakes.

I'd say the platform is what kills us, foremost.

I bet I could pull 1 g on the skidpad.... as far as suspension goes I have stock uppers,tubular LCA's (w/ spherical bearings), offset poly a-arm bushings, full length subs, C/C plates, tokico illumina shocks/struts, steeda sport springs and a MM PHB. I run a 17x9 all around and some Falken Azenis Rt-615's (275/40/17's). I guess you couldent really call that a cheap setup but its not too bad price wise.

And BTW thats just your basic track day. THeres quite a few stangs I see at the track when I go (Gingerman Raceway in south haven Michigan). Albeit I see more stangs autocrossing.

But yea road courses are hard on the car. I have a huge issue with brakes. Lemme tell you the cobra brakes are not all that there cracked up to be (at least for me). I've cracked many a rotor, set pads on fire and torched so many piston boots I would run out of fingers and toes counting. I got a custom brake cooling setup now and the race pads i run cost as much as a new set of Cobra Calipers (with brackets:D ).:( Plus I need new tires every year thats with several track days and about 5k mi. of street driving. Thats about as long as the brakes last too. Before replacing pads and rotors flushing fluid and rebuilding the calipers. So just between brakes and tires were talking like $1500 a year. and thats only for like 3 track days. Then theres also the risk of mechanical failures which I wont even get into. Needless to say for a college kid its really expensive. :bang:

I agree with bimmertech...I have had 3 friends with e36's. 2 m3's and 1 318. All were pretty much stock and very plesant to drive on the street and track. The suspension geometries, chassis balance and stiffness, and little things like the battery being in the trunk from the factory make them such nice cars to drive. Even old c4 vets with the crappy L98 were nive to drive. Yea I'd say our stock chassis and suspension are pretty awful. Heck our new accord even has a really nice double wishbone setup all around....I can go on and on. But hey the new stangs are definately a huge step up. If you get a chance drive one...you 'll see.:nice:

I wouldnt say MFE hasn't spent some cash on his suspension. What's considered a lot of cash varies greatly among us (you guys know I bring up the bottom on that perspective, being poor myself).

Another cool Fox III is Jess' (Stangbear 427). He's got some nice suspension stuff going on (and has spent some coin on it).

But yea road courses are hard on the car. I have a huge issue with brakes. Lemme tell you the cobra brakes are not all that there cracked up to be (at least for me). I've cracked many a rotor, set pads on fire and torched so many piston boots I would run out of fingers and toes counting. I got a custom brake cooling setup now and the race pads i run cost as much as a new set of Cobra Calipers (with brackets:D ).:( Plus I need new tires every year thats with several track days and about 5k mi. of street driving. Thats about as long as the brakes last too. Before replacing pads and rotors flushing fluid and rebuilding the calipers. So just between brakes and tires were talking like $1500 a year. and thats only for like 3 track days. Then theres also the risk of mechanical failures which I wont even get into. Needless to say for a college kid its really expensive. :bang:

I think it might be time for some 18s and Cobra R brakes, no? :shrug:

I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to do this a few weeks ago to at a local track. I was very impressed overall with the way the car handled the corners, but pushing the car that hard quickly made its shortcomings known. First and foremost: the seats!!! I had a very hard time staying put in my seat, I was sliding all over the place. Not good. That and the power... 500hp would be nice. Everything else I was very impressed with.

Lucky for me the only casualty after 6 laps was 2 loose upper control arm bolts, resulting in a loud clunk and me thinking I had torn the torque boxes :eek: Use loctite on those suckers.

I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to do this a few weeks ago to at a local track. I was very impressed overall with the way the car handled the corners, but pushing the car that hard quickly made its shortcomings known. First and foremost: the seats!!! I had a very hard time staying put in my seat, I was sliding all over the place. Not good. That and the power... 500hp would be nice. Everything else I was very impressed with.

Lucky for me the only casualty after 6 laps was 2 loose upper control arm bolts, resulting in a loud clunk and me thinking I had torn the torque boxes :eek: Use loctite on those suckers.

So you would say it overall held together pretty strong? HAH! I LOVE IT:D :flag: Now I really want to do it after my springs and brakes. Already have nice sized tires. 275/40/17 Falkens. And I know my cars limits pretty well, So I would love to have a go at it. Struts, shocks, tie rods, and ball joints all new, and the alignment angles are all within specs.:rolleyes:

My car handles awesome with the rear grip setup from MM and I improved the camber and the front. I'd say I could out handle most vettes out there. And also pull at least a G if not more. With an adjustable rear sway bar and the MM front tubular setup and coilovers I'd say I'd be hard to keep up with. This car already pulls so hard that if your in the passenger seat you better hang on seeing as there isn't a racing seat or 5 point harness. I'm more then impressed with the handling of my notch.