A good deal??

Kensgt

May 4, 2009
Columbia,SC
I just got an estimate on a local guy doing the paint and body work on my 87 GT. He will be welding in a patch rear quarter panel, taking out all the little dings, painting all the flat black metal trim and painting the whole car including doorjams AND aligning all the panels. Estimate is $2000. Now that does not include the parts cost ( bumper, q panel filler, bumper reinforcement) just paint and body. Seems like a good deal and he does good work.

• Sponsors (?)

:stupid: i just paid 6k for color change on my t top coupe, there was some extensive body work, but once you dig into it you always find more. 2 k seems very good, my paint alone cost 1800 bucks

Cost of labor must be cheap in SC

I asked my buddy what $2K would get you in his paint shop. His response "You can't do **** with $2K"

So yeah, 2000 for paint is a good price if he does a good job

i paid 1k for this

PA010290.jpg

PA010284.jpg

PA010283.jpg

PA010280.jpg

PA010287.jpg

i paid 1,500 for a whole car with decent paint. :shurg: till tree branches got the best of the clear :mad: im going to re clear the whole car this winter though. :D

but yes very good deal.

one of my students wanted to charge me 1800 to do my car in glosserate (think thats the name) paint, that included all the body work all the dings everything, didnt included bumpers or anything, too bad i couldnt use the car so i bought a newly painted roller so seems to be pretty decent price