A Good Paint Job = ?$

Ill stick up for macco.... you just have to watch out some here in NJ are a prison release program.... but i know some people that work at one and they actually do a nice job.... my friend got his drag car painted there for $350 and it looks good

• Sponsors (?)

hah, sorry.

well, if it helps, maybe just keep it painted the color you have now, just have them add a tint, so it looks darker. this way you don't have to change your engine bay, door jams, trunk jams, etc.

i saw an awesome looking burn orange convertible last year when i was looking for a car, but then i opened the door, and it was a dark green color. the car looked amazing, aside for the door jams that killed it for me. it made it look like it was done cheaply.

I just hate the dark green color personally, especially on convertibles. I've always wanted a triple black Mustang but have never been able to find one that was in good enough condition to try and attempt trading mine. I feel like re-painting the car black is my only chance to get that combination. It almost makes me wonder if it wouldn't be worth it to say screw the door jams and such and go black anyway. I'd probably be the only one that would notice.

I just hate the dark green color personally, especially on convertibles. I've always wanted a triple black Mustang but have never been able to find one that was in good enough condition to try and attempt trading mine. I feel like re-painting the car black is my only chance to get that combination. It almost makes me wonder if it wouldn't be worth it to say screw the door jams and such and go black anyway. I'd probably be the only one that would notice.

You can pay someone to finish the outer parts of you car and then go back in and do the jambs, hood and trunk yourself. You can actually have the exact same paint that they use on the exterior put into an aerosol can. Just wait for a nice day, mask it off, knock the gloss down with a Scotchbrite pad and put 2-3 nice coats on it. You can even have clearcoat put in those cans. Do a little at a time, as you can, if you're busy.

Just a thought.

You can pay someone to finish the outer parts of you car and then go back in and do the jambs, hood and trunk yourself. You can actually have the exact same paint that they use on the exterior put into an aerosol can. Just wait for a nice day, mask it off, knock the gloss down with a Scotchbrite pad and put 2-3 nice coats on it. You can even have clearcoat put in those cans. Do a little at a time, as you can, if you're busy.

Just a thought.

That is an excellent thought. It's not going to be a show car, so this may be an awesome alternative, thank you!

i agree ... painting the jambs yourself is a great idea. but i would think it would be "safer" to do that BEFORE taking it in for the main paint job, not after.

heh .... i have a triple black vert that will probably be going up for sale eventually...

of course, you may not be able to handle that much power though ... :rolleyes:

then again, i will be looking to get more have a few grand for it too

i agree ... painting the jambs yourself is a great idea. but i would think it would be "safer" to do that BEFORE taking it in for the main paint job, not after.

heh .... i have a triple black vert that will probably be going up for sale eventually...

of course, you may not be able to handle that much power though ... :rolleyes:

then again, i will be looking to get more have a few grand for it too

Tell you what, when the day comes that you have it for sale you can let me know.

I am NOT going to Maaco. Never seen anything from the company that was worth anything. Maybe just my bad experiences.

Guess nobody remembers me...:nonono:

My paint job from maaco with the nasty ding in the rear quarter panel taken care of was 1.3k Top quality paint base and clear. One year later still looking as fresh as it did when it was done. And most of the guys here gave it credit for looking so well

This was when it was done
PICT2122.jpg

And this is it now almost a year later
PICT2071.jpg

PICT2073.jpg

I made sure to do it where the guy who took care of everything owned an sn95 gt also and had quite a few sn95's in the shop for paint.

DFG doesn't look great on a lot of cars after 13-14 years, but man I loved the color when my stang was new sitting on the dealer's lot. It had that blue to green effect under certain lighting conditions.

Some friends thought my stang was blue and others green. Just depended whether it was sunlight or night time surrounded by street lights.

I'd vote for DFG. Maybe someone on here has done a repaint of that color. That's what I'm doing, especially since I rarely see a DFG stang in my area let alone one that is in great/good condition. I used to get compliments when it was clean and newer looking.

Guess nobody remembers me...:nonono:

My paint job from maaco with the nasty ding in the rear quarter panel taken care of was 1.3k Top quality paint base and clear. One year later still looking as fresh as it did when it was done. And most of the guys here gave it credit for looking so well

This was when it was done
PICT2122.jpg

And this is it now almost a year later
PICT2071.jpg

PICT2073.jpg

I made sure to do it where the guy who took care of everything owned an sn95 gt also and had quite a few sn95's in the shop for paint.

I'd be satisfied spending 1.3K and getting the result you displayed above. Let's hope I'm that lucky when the time comes.

Beautiful car and I don't usually care for that color. Awesomely clean though!

I'd be satisfied spending 1.3K and getting the result you displayed above. Let's hope I'm that lucky when the time comes.

Beautiful car and I don't usually care for that color. Awesomely clean though!

Thank you very much. It really does make me feel better to hear that. Especially lately since I am dissapointed with my interior, at least the outside looks great. And since lately this stupid ping demon is living in my engine.:mad: Soon as I find out why hes outa there. But I love the outside of the car. Especially since it is one of those colors you dont see often. What pisses me off about my interior is the stupid drivers chair is out of a six (Uncomfortable as hell since it doesnt sit level and does not hold me threw curves) And its black while the rest is gray and its non power!.... And I cant get that seat or any seats that color that style from a 94-95 SN95 because the seats that came in our GT's I have noticed only look like true buckets in out 94-95 anywhere newer GT or otherwise the seats are different even if they are the same color.... I WANT SOME DAMN CHAIRS!!... Ok I am done venting about that now I think I can sleep peacefully now, good night:)