A Hitch For a 70 Mustang?

Thurzday

May 3, 2007
I would like to find a class 1 or 2 hitch for my 70 Mustang, so I could pull a teardrop trailer. Or something to that effect. Any suggestions or advise will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a hitch that was made specifically for the '64-'66 models. It actually came off of my '65 fastback. PM me and we can discuss, if it will work on yours....I'll make you a sweet deal, no plans on using it....

Jim

a hitch on a classic is a joke. Unless you are going to drag week and need to haul your NOS bottles and slicks, there should be no need for a trailer. To haul lawnchairs and crybaby dolls to the carshow? LOL

a hitch on a classic is a joke. Unless you are going to drag week and need to haul your NOS bottles and slicks, there should be no need for a trailer. To haul lawnchairs and crybaby dolls to the carshow? LOL

i'm looking for a hitch for my 69 cougar too. we have a paddle boat that my wife's dad (he died when she was 18) built for her when she was a kid that we take to the lake in the summer and i'd like to be able to pull it behind my cougar, so there is a place for a hitch on a classic. pulling a teardop trailer would be kinda cool too.

my old 70 cougar also had a hitch on it and i used it on a fairly regular basis pulling a 4'x8' cargo trailer. who needs a beater truck when you have a hitch? nothing like being able to pull your next project engine or trans home with the car it's going in :D

:rlaugh: The only "joke" here is you and your comment:stupid: I had a hitch on my 67 FB 427 Mustang and used it frequently. I even won a few races pulling a 2000 lb utility trailer. I have a hitch on my 06 mustang and built a custom aluminum utility trailer for it to pull and carry camping equipment on long road trips. I also use it a lot to haul parts locally. Ever seen a Stang do a burnout with a trailer hooked up? I have a hitch on my 77 Comet strip car. It even has a genuine "Shelby" trailer ball.:D

i'm a little bit skeptic on puttin' on a hitch on a car. it's rarely seen. i was thinking about the idea, but the hitch would be damn close to the gas tank.

i wouldn't mind roof racks and a brush guard like the one on the General Lee Charger.

I am considering a hitch for the future for my '67 Coupe if I can get a custom one made with the receiver hitch style, hide it behind the license plate (move plate somewhere during use). If it's built study enough it should give some gas tank protection but if you're hit hard enough they're going to crush the tank anyway.

I have a 4X8 trailer that got used for picking up my AOD trans, 351W bare block, etc. Right now I have a small SUV to use but may be moving to a 4cyl/4dr. for the wife and the hopeful 300hp stang would handle the towing much better, plus my mtn. bike looks better on back of the stang...
If I do go this route it must be stealth when not in use.
Jon

I would like to find a class 1 or 2 hitch for my 70 Mustang, so I could pull a teardrop trailer.

I'm with you. I want to pull a teardrop type trailer behind mine when its done. I plan on fabbing one for mine. My first 69 I had in high school had a light duty hitch on it.

Attachments

• 1st Mustang2.jpg
    1st Mustang2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 72
hey thats the only time i saw a classic with a hitch. they either hauled race stuff or car show stuff lol. Maybe its just a midwest thing. usually everyone around here that has a classic has a DD that can haul stuff and they dont have to use their weekend car

Originally Posted by mrmustangman357
A close friend used a '68 GT 500 KR to tow his dragster to the track. He ran low 13's with the Shelby, then towed the dragster back home.
This was before the Shelby was considered a classic, though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking outside the box. I think It would be awesome. to haul the mail with a Mustang. I used to haul a 12ft aluminum boat behind a 85 Honda CRX. Granted the engine had 185 hp with dual weber carbs and a few other mods. But it was so much fun passing other cars and trucks at 80mph going up steep grades. The looks on people's faces was priceless. I want to see those looks again.