A II owner once again

Power Surge

Founding Member
Jul 20, 2002
Palm Coast, FL
Well, I knew it wouldn't be long, and now I am again a II owner.

I picked up this little gem this weekend. It's a Tangerine 78 Mach 1. V6 car with auto and 3:40 gears. The car has lived it's life in CA, and only came to NY two months ago (and it was driven here from CA). It sports the original paint (just a replaced/repainted front bumper/header/right fender) and doesn't have a speck of rust or rot on it. Anywhere. Not even the hatch. Got a few minor dents and dings that can be fixed easliy. The interior is mint. The underhood is impressive as well. The car is literally a time warp to 78. All the original parts are there, all the original stickers and everything. It does have a bad valve or something, I will have to look into that.

What's even neater about the car, is that it's going to be in an upcoming 45 years of Mustang book. The car was shot for that book, buy a guy who did a previous Mustang history book. I have all the proofs, and the guy even signed them, as well as signing a copy of his previous book.

I literally got the car for a steal. I won't say how much, I don't want anyone to hate me. But basically, the owner moved here from CA two months ago with no moeny, and then got hurt here and hasn't worked since. He was selling the car cheap just for money to live on. I felt really bad about it, but he's happy the car has gone to someone who has an appreciation for IIs.

BTW, the guy I bought it from said there were only about 200 cars made in the Tangerine for 78, does anyone know if that's true?

sunkist1.jpg

sunkist2.jpg

sunkist3.jpg

sunkist4.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Blue Thunder said:
Nice find, dude. Awesome interior.

On another note, I got my Marti report. Was fast too, only about 2-3 weeks.

Here's a few particulars about my car...

Built Sept 29th 1977. 41 days behind schedule.

There were 688 78 Tangerine Mach1s.

There were 123 78 Tangerine Mach1s with black interior.

There were only 336 78 Mach1s with the V6/C3.

There were 975 78 Mach1s order from the LA Order District.

The car was ordered on 5/24/77 and not sold until 2/04/78. It was a dealer stock order.

There's more on here such as what options it came with and stuff. Pretty neat. I have gotten Marti reports for other cars in the past.