A Little MAF and TB Help Here.

JMBPE

Founding Member
Jan 14, 2002
Bellvue, Colorado
From a much more senior Stang enthusiast, who is more familiar with three deuces, dual point distributors, and cheater slicks (really old guy, huh?) :lol:

Background: My wife (not quite as old as me, but still Very cool) came home upset because a Firebird blew off her doors. After a discussion on how this happened, she agreed we need to go another step. I usually devote $800-1,500 per year in "improvements".

Here's what I have - 94 Vert GT 100K with headers, off-road H, Borla, Cobra heads, RR's, Centerforce, but stock below the heads and stock EFI. Air out is much better, but air-in needs help. There will be a new block in the future (331?) with cam, etc. Mountain driven at ~7,000'

Question - Finally: What would be my best choice this year for a new MAF with CAI and a new TB? What size for each will give me better flow, but still give decent idle characteristcs.

Thanks guys. It's her car, but she let's me drive it too! (I told you she was cool). My first new Stang was a '72 Mach 1 - 351. I am really looking at the hot 06 as a possibility for my very own wheels...again. :rlaugh: Maybe then she can take the GM iron on!

Keep em rolling!

• Sponsors (?)

There will be alot of discussion and diff of opinions about this question so I will leave the TB and MAF alone for now. LOL But you should look into upgrading manifolds. You could either buy a better one (cobra, GT-40, edlebrock, trickflow) or port your stock lower and that will really help free up some power. IMO it will prob make more of a diff than the other 3 combined.

I would go 65 on the TB and Pro-M on the MAF....if you look around on both the Stangnet and Corral classifieds, both of these can be found for reasonable money...People are always modding up and replacing these....FRPP still sells the SN95 version TB...for the money and new electrics with it, its hard to beat...
Just make sure your MAF is calibrated to the injector size your running...
These 2 items are pretty much plug and play... :nice:

a new upper/lower intake would show better gains. most of them net about 30 hp. you can usually find used ones on the StangNet classifieds.

after that (next year), a throttle body, intake pipe, and mass air would be a good upgrade. either that, or 3.73 gears would make the car feel new again.

- chris

ot: it's good to run into another "senior" on the forum. at 44, i often feel like the grandfather of the bunch ....

BlackVert said:
ot: it's good to run into another "senior" on the forum. at 44, i often feel like the grandfather of the bunch ....

Chris

Lets just say that I've got you covered pretty good on the age thing and as far as I'm concerned .................... YOUR A YOUNGSTER :D

Later
Grady