A new DOHC head for the Lima block!

MrWOT

Nov 6, 2004
Okay, we over at turboford.org have been tossing this idea around for a long damn time, I bet at least a few of you guys have thought of it at one point or another, a 4V DOHC head. It would let us reach streetable power levels past anything we could do before, while maintaining a smooth idle and a sweet torque band. Anyway, I'm going to all the Ford forums I can think of posting the link to the thread about this at turboford.org, if you want this to get done, get you butts over there and POST! Even if you don't have the cash to get one now, but you would get one later, SAY IT! The more people that post and know about this, the faster it will actually happen! So post about this on every board you can think of, lets bring the Lima back to life, better then ever!

Project DOHC

Oh yeah, don't reply here, I'm posting on so many boards I'm not going to be able to keep up with them all, just post of the TF board, even if it's just to cheer us on, keep this ball rolling!

• Sponsors (?)

I know this thread is ancient but just an fyi that a lima 16v dohc design exists in some form.. the almighty cosworth yb version. it is highly re engineered but based on the lima block.

I know this thread is ancient but just an fyi that a lima 16v dohc design exists in some form.. the almighty cosworth yb version. it is highly re engineered but based on the lima block.

That is completely incorrect.

A Cosworth YB is based on the "Pinto" 2.0 EAO engine that preceded the Lima 2.3 and became very popular in Europe. The only thing shared between an EAO and Lima is the lower four bellhousing bolt locations.

There was a 16v DOHC head made for the Lima. Ford SVO made some prototypes, not likely more than a couple, with the possibility of putting it in a 1987 Mustang SVO. You'll be lucky to even see a photograph of one.