A side effect of it's MI origin?

I dunno what it is but my car seems to despise being ran or at least started in the heat. Maybe it has something to do with its Michigan roots. In either case, everytime I start the car in the middle of the day (90-110 deg.) the car will start fine, then as soon as I shift into reverse or drive (AODE) the car's idle goes really low and then the car dies. The ONLY way to keep it going is to keep a foot on the gas and brake so the idle stays high. The car runs fairly normally after its started, however, it seems a little less torquey, and a lot slower than evening/cooler times.

So...geniouses (geniousi???) of stangnet, what is the problem and the fix? I did recently do the intake swap, but the only thing I really changed might have been the timing (maybe?) and I didn't put the little sleeve back on the EGR tube from the headers. All help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

The power loss is normal in the heat (I take it based on your info, that you might be at ERAU?) If so, Prescott is hot (I am in Tucson). Same temps this time of year and I feel your pain.

Have you pulled codes? You can have a dorky code stuck in the KAM, but it wont trip a CEL till the issues gets worse.

Has the IAC been cleaned recently? How are the cold and warm idle? Lower than they used to be?

Here is a write up on cleaning the IAC and checking the idle settings:

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/iac.php

Each page covers a different aspect.

Good luck. Stay cool. :)