Drivetrain A4ld lockup connector

Ajr32462

Apr 11, 2019
Temecula
Hey guys, checked the codes on my 88 auto 4cyl foxbody and got 89. Dropped my transmission pan to swap out the lockup solenoid only to notice it wasnt even plugged in so I tested it and it tested fine. Cant find the connector anywhere, any ideas? I was gonna pull the carpet to see if it was inside where the transmission harness goes through the tunnel but wanted some insight first cause I dont know where its supposed to be routed to begin with.
20200320_145759.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

It looks like yours is like mine with only 2 wires. It is a simple on-off switch...on locks the converter, off unlocks it. There should be a 2-pin plug somewhere that plugs into the area you have circled in yellow. Because mine is adapted to an older (85) 2.3 Lima I am using in a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine, I am using a push-on/push-off button to lock the converter. I was asked what if I forget to turn it off when back in town after highway driving, and I said I would do the same thing I would do if I forgot to push-in the clutch on a standard...push-off the button. Yours is probably computer controlled so wires must be somewhere close unless removed by accident or some squirrel.