A9L,A9P computers

KGOFF

Nov 25, 2007
nj
Whats up all,

I have been trying to figure out whos right.Some people say a A9L computer will work in an automatic car other say noway cant happen!Most of you guys seem to know your stuff.whats the deal?

THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

According to past posts here, the computers are completely interchangeable. I know from personal experience that an auto A9P will work in a 5 speed with no problems.

ive compared stock a9l and a9p binaries in BE and a9p has slightly more agressive fuel and spark, biggest difference is lower load spark is higher in the a9p to help the automatic car on the low end. i also noticed a9p has slightly leaner target AFRs in the higher loads, should make more power.

if your not tuning the car, i'd get the a9p, if you are tuning the car it doesnt matter which one you get. you can change anything when tuning so it doesnt matter.

jrichker.....I was cruisein behind a bad ass red gt with a plane sticker on the rear bumper.I just had to ask because he tried to beat me out when i tried to pass him.I was driving my 500AMG and he like other street cars do not stand a chance![/B]........But thank you a bunch for the info and everyone else too.Im still not sure if it will work.I get the same list of answers each time.Ill have to give it a shot and see.Its going to be a very mild street car with a few mods.Car as it sits now is all totallly bone stock with 146k