A9L vs. X3Z

rickd93_lx

Dec 22, 2005
ok guys, i just want some input on weather i should go with my A9L or X3Z computer for my 93 2.3l conversion, has anyone used either one and if so was there a noticable difference between the two.

• Sponsors (?)

Another vote on the A9L.

I have been reading in the TwEECer forums that the A9L is slightly more aggressive with timing and fuel. The only advantage I have heard for the X3Z is that it cuts fuel on decelleration, which lowers the risk of misfires in the exhaust (get enough fuel in a hot exhaust pipe, and it will burn).

I have been trying to do a comparison between the fuel and timing table in each of these to post on my site. Maybe I'll work on that tonight?

If using a tuner like the tweecer it really shouldn't matter. However, there are more MAF Transfers available for the A9L than the X3Z. This has been very frustrating for me, but I have resolved the issue.

If converting to the one of these, make sure to convert to the appropriate MAS (sensor), as you cannot interchange the MAF sensor, unless using an aftermarket tuner.

jason

thanks for the input i have noticed astericks on several ads that say not for cobra so i can see how it would be more convinent, but if i can get more performance from the x im sure to find a maf for it. i hope. ill try to look for specs as well, and chec out your site as well, it seem that you know your sh**. I just thought of something.... buy the maf esp for cora pcm, hook it up test drive, the pcm is in the kick p in ten minutes switch the pcm and maf, my bud has one same size for a9l switch and drive!!! sounds do able right?:shrug:

rickd93_lx said:
and chec out your site as well, it seem that you know your sh**.:shrug:

Let's not get carried away... :)
I would not consider myself an expert in this area. I'm just now learning this stuff, but will be posting what I learn.

rickd93_lx said:
I just thought of something.... buy the maf esp for cora pcm, hook it up test drive, the pcm is in the kick p in ten minutes switch the pcm and maf, my bud has one same size for a9l switch and drive!!! sounds do able right?:shrug:

That should work as long as the injector calibrations are correct. The x3z setup is for 24lb injectors and the A9L is for 19lb injectors. This would be pretty easy to do with a C&L meter (except that it does introduce some variability), or aftermarket tuner.
Maybe I will give it a try with the TwEECer?