a9m probs now

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, swap to BE. I used CalEdit for a week and it messed my tune because of the update check box was checked a few times during upload. I almost didn't make it home yesterday.
I swapped to BE and things are running much nicer...

In theory the update only box should only update the items that where changed with uploading a new tune. I have read that this can and most of the time will corrupt the tune. It have had that happen to me within the week then read that the program Binary Editor (BE) is a better tuner and works fine with the tweecer. I have use it today and things seem to be working well.

I have not used BE yet, but the guy who developed it also created EA (EecAnalyzer).
EA is an amazing program, and I am sure BE will be just as good.

The 'Update Only' check box will be checked by default when a change is made to a tune.
For what ever reason, this option tends to randomly corrupt the .bin/.ccf file when loading.
It is really confusing... You open the .ccf file that you are currently running in the car, make a minor change (for example upping the idles speed 50rpm), then the car runs like total crap.

I thought it would have been fixed with the new software update (a couple of months ago), but I guess this improvement was overlooked.

Another good program, which is a little better developed, is TunerPro.
TunerPro can be found on the moates site... Moates.net. TunerPro is free, unless you want to make a 'donation'...
Or
PCMX can be found for $150, last time I checked the price.

These 2 programs have been the standard editors for some time now, but BE seems to be taking over a fair portion of the Editor market...

my random ramblings...
jason