Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhh

RedHot35thGT

Jul 15, 2006
well when i found my car in the parking garage today i found that some moron had punctured my front bumper with what appears to be two nail or screw marks from a front license plate.

i always park in the back corner of the garage away from everyone so this type of thing wont happen but today it was so hot that all the people who normally park up top moved down to the bottom near me i guess. unfortunately for me i have no idea who did this...when i arrived to work at 10am there was nobody near me and when i left at 7pm whoever did this was gone.

anyway just wondering if you guys had any tips on touch ups for this or if im gonna have to get a new bumper. im gonna talk to the security tomorrow and see if we have a camera that would have caught the driver...if not on my lunch break im gonna scour the lot for a car with paint on their front license plate bolts (i measured the marks and everything so ill be sure) but hopefully security has video or something because i doubt whoever did this would help me out.

anyway i would really appreciate it if anyone has any input, ill try to post some pics tomorrow but like i said just imagine two license plate bolts completely puncturing my front bumper. i dont think its the kind of thing where its like a dent that can be pushed back out because its really just punctured.

• Sponsors (?)

DropTopPony said:
that seriously sucks!

i know :nonono:

worst part is that i work my ass off during the summer when im not in school so that i can afford my car...thats what ive been doing since i bought it last year. i work full time all summer at a job i dont like and work part time during the school year while maintaining a 3.2 gpa just to pay for car ONLY so some moron can come and screw up my bumper when there are other open spaces nearby....

anyway ive been looking at the ding king...reviews seem pretty positive although i really dont know if this will work on my car since its not so much a dent as it is a puncture. any thoughts :SNSign: ?

I bet there are cameras in that parking garage. Check fast, sometimes they just recycle the tapes and your incident could get recorded over in just a few days.

Get a Bondo fiberglass repair kit, patch the back side first, then
front side use only the resin to fill in the holes,sand, after that touch up paint. I have patched some nasty gouges on my previous gt's rear bumper
sucsesfully w fiberglass. that car was white and the paint was easy to match.
Other colors besides black are much harder to match. You would probably
need to repaint the whole bumper.

thanks for the ideas...

i talked to security at work today and the lieutenant wrote down all the info and said he was gonna look into it...he said he didnt know if the angles would all work out and if it would be on tape but hes gonna check and ill find out friday.

if that doesnt work ill have to go the repair route