About to hit the 70,000 mark...

ganador01

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2002
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
My car is getting old. In january it turns 7. Its all grown up now. Oh what should I do? I recently threw a bottle of restore in the oil in hopes to keep her alive for a lot longer. Then again, the other day I was going to fast and I made the tranny dipstick blow of of its holder and fluid went everywhere...I'm guessing thats because of overheating? I was on a top speed run but my car just started shaking starting at 95 and was tremendous at 120. I really need an aluminum driveshaft. Luckily this time the tail shaft seal held up. I guess my tranny needed to vent the preassure somewhere and since it couldn't do it out the back like before, it went out the dipstick... :D

• Sponsors (?)

I know a guy who owned a 1992 4 cylinder Mustang 5 speed and he drove it until it had over 365,000 miles on it with the SAME engine and transmission. That's right! This car still had its original engine and transmission in it and it was running fine, but the engine was burning some oil due to the high mileage on it. The car also had some rust on the lower door panels and on the lower front and rear quarter panels. Other than that, the car was running fine. The owner ended up trading it in for a Honda SUV.

Ron Jeremy said:
I know a guy who owned a 1992 4 cylinder Mustang 5 speed and he drove it until it had over 365,000 miles on it with the SAME engine and transmission. That's right! This car still had its original engine and transmission in it and it was running fine, but the engine was burning some oil due to the high mileage on it. The car also had some rust on the lower door panels and on the lower front and rear quarter panels. Other than that, the car was running fine. The owner ended up trading it in for a Honda SUV.
what did he get for the trade in? 20 bucks and lunch at dennys?

Seems thre is more wrong with my car then I know about. My mechanic is trying to get me to do a tranny service. I just had one done like a year ago! He said its leaking from the (tranny)oil pan.. :bang: Honestly, no more top speed runs for me till I either get my driveshaft rebalanced or get an aluminum one...the whole car shakes above 3000 rpms in overdrive ...this is pissing me off.... :mad: