Fox Absent a few years, now all the old parts are gone...or expensive.

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I think the quality of parts has gone downhill too. Not necessarily things like trick flow heads, but replacement parts like a speedo cable. All cheap chinese crap. Even Motorcraft parts today seem to be cheaply made vs 10 years ago.

you can still get high quality aftermarket parts like a K-member, but if you need an ACT sensor it was likely made in some 3rd world country by a llama.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors(?)

MustangIIMatt

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
youtu.be
I think the quality of parts has gone downhill too. Not necessarily things like trick flow heads, but replacement parts like a speedo cable. All cheap chinese crap. Even Motorcraft parts today seem to be cheaply made vs 10 years ago.

you can still get high quality aftermarket parts like a K-member, but if you need an ACT sensor it was likely made in some 3rd world country by a llama.
You're not wrong, and it runs through the whole aftermarket parts industry.

Finding a good set of ignition points is pretty difficult these days. Good aftermarket modules and sensors are hard to come by (for crying out loud, Dorman was once the laughingstock of the industry, and now they're considered "quality" because of how far downhill everyone else has gone).

Suspension parts have gone the same way, with Moog, once the standard of quality and durability being an absolute joke now, and some cars only having really crappy parts from companies like Mevotech available.

At this point, if the replacement part I'm installing isn't OEM, Denso, Delphi, or Dorman, I don't have any faith in it.

DudeStang

Nuts fell off while driving
Apr 30, 2017
You can try lmr.com and cjpony parts pretty much can redo the whole car through there. Standard auto parts store still have a lot of the regular stuff. Otherwise ebay, facebook, craigs you can find a lot of stuff. Stuff might cost more money but finding something isnt to hard really.
Rock Auto too for a lot of the OEM or close to OEM replacement parts. I’ve had good luck with them and LMR since I started working on my Fox.

I’ve also ordered a few things from Steeda, CJ pony parts, and American Muscle (pre-pandemic mostly) for my 2014 GT and never had any issues.

MustangIIMatt

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
youtu.be
Rock Auto too for a lot of the OEM or close to OEM replacement parts
You've got to be careful with Rock Auto. There is nobody to talk to when things are messed up, everything is by Email, and some of the brands they carry are pure garbage.

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 23, 2020
Seguin
You guys bring up some really interesting observations. I have been around mustangs enough to definitely see the changes in parts supply. I have had 7 stangs...all different years and watched the availabilities. 66, 67, 73, 92, 94, 93, back to a 92.
I am currently eying a Explorer GT40 manifold.....just don't have background going in that direction. I hear/read its decent for a mild build.
Ken
I took a 14 year break from fox bodies, buying another one last year. I was expecting to see availability of used parts like when I left, not so. You can still find used stuff, just fewer and far between. The 87-93 fox bodies only represents 6 years of production and the population produced took a heavy beating. We now have classic cars that are getting rarer by the day. Look at CJPony Parts for your new stuff. Summit still sells all kinds of SBF stuff, they just don't list a fox body section in their magazine anymore, not enough sales volume, I'm sure.

Reactions: 1 user

FoxyNate

Apr 16, 2021
Seattle

Not gonna lie i'd pay an extra 10% if I found out my center console was made by a lama

• Clever
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
10 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
How many parts could a llama make if a llama could make parts?

FoxyNate

Apr 16, 2021
Seattle
1619837003396.png