Electrical Ac Actuator Motor And Air Bag Module Removal

shadango

May 13, 2011
So my wife's 2011 Stang just went out of warranty 6 days ago. Yesterday morning, she started hearing a loud clicking noise in the dash.

Going by what I have found on google etc, it appears that one of three actuators in the AC system are bad. I sat in the car last nigt playing with the dials and it only does it when changing from defrost/floor to the panel vents. And the nouise SOUNDS like it is up towards the top of the dash.

So I think it is the defrost actuator door.

Seems that you have to take out the passenger side air nag module to get at the actuator. The process for doing so seems straightforward.

Has anyone here ever done the job? (removing the air bag module and the actuator)

has anyone ever had a dealer do the whole job and if so, what wast he cost?

The part appears to be CHEAP......and I would like to attempt on my own...I am a decent wrench turner.....but have never playes around air nags or these actuators before.

Anyone?

thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

So my wife's 2011 Stang just went out of warranty 6 days ago. Yesterday morning, she started hearing a loud clicking noise in the dash.

Going by what I have found on google etc, it appears that one of three actuators in the AC system are bad. I sat in the car last nigt playing with the dials and it only does it when changing from defrost/floor to the panel vents. And the nouise SOUNDS like it is up towards the top of the dash.

So I think it is the defrost actuator door.

Seems that you have to take out the passenger side air nag module to get at the actuator. The process for doing so seems straightforward.

Has anyone here ever done the job? (removing the air bag module and the actuator)

has anyone ever had a dealer do the whole job and if so, what wast he cost?

The part appears to be CHEAP......and I would like to attempt on my own...I am a decent wrench turner.....but have never playes around air nags or these actuators before.

Anyone?

thanks!

How did this repair go? I have the same problem. Fortunately (or unfortunately), I have to remove my entire dash because the dash pad is cracked. So I figure that I'll do this repair whilst I have my interior all over the front yard.

Thanks in advance,

Greg
'05 GT