AC and WOT

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
Consider that all is functioning as designed by Ford.

On a 92 5.0 LX, does the ac compressor get interrupted and cut off at wide open throttle?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes it does. On my car I accomplished this by using one of my nitrous throttle switches. When I press the gas, more than 80 percent, the switch sends a ground signal to the WOT cut relay turning the AC compressor off. When I get off the switch AC functions as normal.

Yes it does. On my car I accomplished this by using one of my nitrous throttle switches. When I press the gas, more than 80 percent, the switch sends a ground signal to the WOT cut relay turning the AC compressor off. When I get off the switch AC functions as normal.

But mine will do it in stock form?

I understand you modified for a purpose. That confused me into thinking I need to modify something to make it work. Can you clarify?

I'm confused by your question.

On the pass side fender, under where a MAF would be located, is the WOT relay. When you give er the beans, the relay should interrupt the engagement of the A/C compressor and temporarily turn it off. IIRC, the location the vents blow changes as well. If you have it on Vent, it will go to the floor/defrost.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused by your question.

On the pass side fender, under where a MAF would be located, is the WOT relay. When you give er the beans, the relay should interrupt the engagement of the A/C compressor and temporarily turn it off. IIRC, the location the vents blow changes as well. If you have it on Vent, it will go to the floor/defrost.

This explanation is clear to me. Thanks

The WOT relay will do it on it's own in stock trim. I run Mega Squirt so my car is a little different. Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: 1 user
No, I use a nitrous switch to trigger the ac cut off. My car doesn't use the factory ECU. Didn't know if you needed a " work around " for ac cut off.

My car is turbo now so no need for the Nos. I could've used an output on my MS but I want to use them for other things....like water meth injection.

No, I use a nitrous switch to trigger the ac cut off. My car doesn't use the factory ECU. Didn't know if you needed a " work around " for ac cut off.

My car is turbo now so no need for the Nos. I could've used an output on my MS but I want to use them for other things....like water meth injection.
A little cooling shot never hurt anybody. :shrug:

:D

I’d like to infiltrate my cruise control system and create a means to achieve a manual high idle. Flip a switch and get a 1500rpm idle for instance. For sitting in traffic with all accessories on. Also helps increase coolant flow in those high heat stuck in traffic conditions.

Any ideas on how to do this? There’s gotta be a way to make the cc servo pull on the cable a given amount.

I had done it before on GM vehicles with qjet carbs by connecting the high idle solenoid to a toggle switch. But Foxbody doesn’t have these idle solenoids.

Might that trigger CEL?
No clue. I would only think it would if the voltage parameters were out of range??? I think the IAC sees a ground to make it function, but I could be way off on that. You could check a schematic and see. If it did, you could put a diode in the ground signal wire to keep from back feeding in the ecu, then splice it a ground wire with your flip switch.

If it sees a positive trigger from the ecu, you could do something similar.

Joe

I wasn't using any of the outputs. IIRC, only needed addition of 2 wires inside the MS.
I designed computers for a living.
This is one example of many...
300px-F-35A_flight_%28cropped%29.jpg

...an ECU on steroids & this baby has 2 or 4 identical ones (depending on variation).:)
PHOTO_Engine-and-Control-Systems_1-Electronic-Engine-Controllers.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users