ac compressor wont engage...

• Sponsors (?)

Is the clutch's electrical connector plugged in? Is the WOT relay receiving in/out power?

I would not be doing this with an empty system, but if you must, I'd only do it for a split second. I'd rather bench test the clutch. Separately, to test the wiring, use a test light to check power to the clutch when the LPCS is closed.

Is the clutch's electrical connector plugged in? Is the WOT relay receiving in/out power?

I would not be doing this with an empty system, but if you must, I'd only do it for a split second. I'd rather bench test the clutch. Separately, to test the wiring, use a test light to check power to the clutch when the LPCS is closed.

Everything is plugged in. I just want to see if the clutch will engage. I'll check the power to the clutch.
Thanks

I never had ac in my car, but just got done learning ac at school. Does the Mustang have pressure switches? If so that may be why its not turning on, due to no refrigerant in the system. The refrigerant carries the oil that lubricates the compressor, so it may not be letting it run due to that.. But like he said I don't see why you would want to run it with no refrigerant in the system, risks scattering your compressor :shrug: