ac delete help (power steering braket doesn line up)

ac delete help (power steering bracket doesn't line up)

ok, after scratching my head for an hour over what has to be the most simple thing in the world, I'd determined that the power steering bracket (the one that bolts directly to the pump is wrong, the bolt holes for the ford racing ac delete kit do not line up and are about 3/4 of and inch off. I also noticed that my bracket is square and not round like everyone elses on here.

My bracket:

View attachment 265071

The bracket that I need:

View attachment 265072

since the kit is supposedly for 85 on up cars, and mine is an 87 wtf year do I need to look for?

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm well I would love to hear some more replies from people here who know more than me about where that bracket that you have might have originated. I would think someone here on the forum probably has one of the brackets you need. I would wait a few hours for everyone to get home from work and check the forum to see what pops up.

You should be able to get that bracket at a salavge yard or from Mustang Parts Specialties they have a whole salvage yard full of mustangs.

I've never seen that bracket either.

Downside with going to boneyard is that you'll need to take the pump with it unless you get a power steering pulley puller and take it with you.