AC delete/underdrive pulley

• Sponsors (?)

Since you are probably going to do it anyway, do me this favor:

Put your stock pullies into a plastic, well-labeled box.

This way you still have the OEM parts when you start a new thread in 5 years entitled, "First Advice I ever got on Stangnet :bang: "

:jester:

I really don't plan on it. Any money I don't have to spend the better. I just want it to be as reliable as a 31 year old car can be. If there was a substantial benefit to running the underdrive pillows than I would. Sounds to me like I need to get a bigger alternator and new belt just to do a "bolt on" part. Seems like a headache. I really appreciate any advice. Thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user
I'll build a statue to commemorate your exclusivity.
Hopefully, there wont be a riot and a bunch of people trying to tear that bitch down.
As I said, I just want to build a reliable fun driving car. I'm not trying to race it or beat the hell out of it. If those new pulleys are prone to issues than I plan to stay away. Another question. I'm going to upgrade the alternator anyway, because I have a stereo system. Would 100 amp be okay or should I go higher? I'm not running an AC, but I do have electric fans.

As I said, I just want to build a reliable fun driving car. I'm not trying to race it or beat the hell out of it. If those new pulleys are prone to issues than I plan to stay away. Another question. I'm going to upgrade the alternator anyway, because I have a stereo system. Would 100 amp be okay or should I go higher? I'm not running an AC, but I do have electric fans.
You won't find many supporters of underdrive pulleys on this site. It's a tired topic right up there with "Which gear is best for me?" Don't get underdrive pulleys. The Fox Bodys' electrical system is underpowered as is and underdrive pulleys make it worse. Oh, and 3.73 is the ideal gear.

I'll show you my 3g 130 amp upgrade, we can go to Nevada pic a part and shop for some goodies.search here for the 3g upgrade first it's very helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
I ran underdrive pulleys for years with a 3G alt, electric fan and deleted AC and never had any charging/cooling issues. Almost 20 years like that.

With that said, I sold my U/D pulleys on ebay, put the stock ones back on, and am in the process of putting A/C back on the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Why is everyone not reading what I'm saying? I don't plan to put them on if it's going to be my trouble than it's worth. Plus, I really only wanted it for aesthetic reasons anyway. Thanks though.
Sorry, the under drive pulley thing is a continuous subject, pay no attention to the members behind the curtain.

Because we're mostly a bunch of grumpy old guys rocking in our chairs on the front porch while waiting for the hawt mail lady to come and simultaneously scream at little kids to get off our lawns. Why do you ask? :shrug:
Screenshot_20200615-163830_Gallery.jpg

• Haha
  • Happy
Reactions: 2 users