Accel 300+ Ignition

JBeezy53

Dec 28, 2003
Sacramento, Ca
I just got this ignition system but have not yet installed it. I was wonder what coil I should run with it? The car also might be supercharged, but only at 6 or 9 psi, probably 6.

Also what are your thoughts on the system?

• Sponsors (?)

ford 1984-98 eec-iv supercoil
Increase throttle response, idle quality & starting with ACCEL's Ford EEC-IV Super Coil. E-core design maximizes energy and voltage output. A direct bolt & plug-in replacement for use with computerized ignition and Ford TFI distributor.
Part Number: 140012
why not just use there coil that mates up with there system. I have a msd blaster II coil and i am very happy with in.
or go with this

PN 8227

Blaster TFI Coil, PN 8227
Top off your Ford's Ignition system with this great new replacement coil. The Blaster TFI is MSD performance in factory Ford clothing! The windings and construction of this new coil are similar in performance to the line of MSD Blaster 2 Coils. The coil has an increased turns ratio plus there is lower primary resistance than the stock coil. This all amounts to a bolt-in replacement coil that produces more output voltage. The Blaster TFI will work with stock ignition systems as well as MSD equipped cars and trucks.

Blaster TFI Coil - PN 8227

Installation Tip: If you plan to install an MSD Ignition with your Blaster TFI Coil, use a PN 8874 Harness for a direct plug-in installation.

BLASTER TFI SPECIFICATIONS
Primary Resistance: 0.44 ohms
Secondary Resistance: 3.1K ohms
Maximum Voltage:
48,000 volts
Inductance: 7 mH
Turns Ratio: 85:1
Peak Current: 300 mA
Spark Duration: 250 Us
Teste with an MSD 6AL at the plug gap.