acceleration hesitation and working with the dealer

BrownPSU78

Sep 9, 2004
So for our 2008 v6 mustang manual, when you get on it under 3k rpm it feels as if something is completely slipping and not engaging until higher like 4-5k rpm.
The car has an extended warranty and the dealer said it may be the clutch and the flywheel. They recommended just shifting higher like 4k rpm just to get around town?
the 2008 mustang has 50k miles.
My understanding is that a flywheel is not a wear part and should 100% be covered?
So when it comes to labor under the PREMIUMCARE plan, how should it would it be determined that a new flywheel is need during the clutch replacement and how is the labor divided up between flywheel and clutch labor??
Also could it just be the pressure plate? which I believe should also be covered?

For contrast the last mustang (a 4 speed era car) I had a clutch replaced in I got charged 350 out the door.

• Sponsors (?)

So for our 2008 v6 mustang manual, when you get on it under 3k rpm it feels as if something is completely slipping and not engaging until higher like 4-5k rpm...

Hello BrownPSU78,

What part of the world do you reside in? I'll be happy to direct you to the Customer Relationship Center and a representative who'll be more than happy to answer your question.

Have a great weekend!

Noemi

I didn't have an issue but more then a fault. If you are hard on the clutch for the v6 it is very easy for it to break down and slip. I only had an issue with the clutch not the flywheel. replaced it for about 800 cus my dads friend is a mechanic.

Hi Noemi,

As it turns out...we need more help. I had the fly wheel and clutch replaced about 2 weeks ago. We were less than thrilled with the install job and the car was scheduled to go back this week. There was a very loud whine when the car accelerated - it sounded like a vacuum or similar to but not the same as a supercharger might have. This weekend, I was driving on the highway (lovely i-95 in CT) and the car lurched and the would not go back into gear. If I held the clutch down and tried to get it into gear it would just grind and grind. I decided this was clearly not good and kept the car in neutral as I coasted to the side of the road. On the side of the road I was able to get the car into second eventually.I restarted the car and as I let the clutch out I could smell it burn and then the car would stall without moving. Please help, I'm not sure my dealership sees these issues that often and I just want my car to run :/.