Accident / Insurance question...

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
OK, on saturday morning I was driving my Dakota and was in the high speed lane (driving speed limit at that) and hit a patch if ice (mind you it was 9am, in the shade, and wasn't rainign, etc. This was left over from the day before when it rained). My truck's ass end kicked out and hit the woman next to me. Noone hurt and not killer damage to eitehr vehicle (fender, bumber cover, and wheel on her car and bumper, exhaust, and crushed in quarter panel on my truck).

So since it happened because the state did not properly take care of the road what is the deal with my insurance.... Do I have to pay my deductible and can I expect my rates to go up?

Regardless I think about what could have happened had she not been there to stop my spin and all I can say is that I am VERY happy that 1. I had just dropped my son off so he wasn't with me and 2. that I am still here unhurt....

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

Wll it looks like I am going to get F'd on this one...

Basically I was told that becauce I as the only accident there that day it is my fault even though the cause of the accident is because I have RWD and limited slip....

So i called the insurance and told them that if I have to pay anything out of pocket for this and/or if my rates go up due to it then I am going to take my business elsewhere... Between the house and the cars this insurace company has gotten enough $$ from me in the last 5 years to have bought my truck outright!!!

GRRRR....

I am fuming....

Anyone think the insurance will figure out a way to cover either the deductible or stop the rate increase to keep me as a customer?