Accident

AndyG47

Aug 20, 2004
Jersey
This past Monday I got into an accident wit my stang :nonono:

I was in traffic. Crash was between 10 and 15 MPH cops said 20 -25 :shrug:
Anyways guy in front of me (Chrysler Pacifica) Stopped because someone cut him off and and locked my brakes up and nose dived under him. His estimate is about $1,500.

My car has been estimated at $5,800 :jaw: Hood, front bumper, radiator, both fenders, passenger headlight, etc. Whole new front. Only plus is the frame isn't bent, cracked or anything, winshield is still in one piece and the airbags didn't deploy. :)

It's currently sitting in a body shop up the highway from me. Insurance company wanted to "TOTAL" it :bs: but then they played the numbers game some more and the guys at the body shop fought to keep my car because they said it was "too nice to trash" :D (i'll have to get them something extra like a case of beer or something) and found it cheaper to just fix the thing. I'll have pictures later since I just got back from the shop. Parts are on order but I don't know what I'm getting (GT hood, reverse cowl hood, etc.) All I know is that the parts are Ricer Lime Green. More to follow.

• Sponsors (?)

****, that sucks Andy. :( Seems like alot of people have been getting into accidents this week. Someone on the stang gang got his Mach rear ended. On tuesday, I also got into an accident but it was just a scrap on my side scoop and on the other car too. It will buff out on both. That really sucks about you stang. Put up some pics, I think $5800 is a bit high from what your describing. PM on the gang.

I told myself many years ago I would break away from most mustang owners by never adding any special production car parts to my car. I.E. Cobra wing, front, rims, bullitt rims, etc.

You can definitely get parts a lot cheaper than that. I had a body shop estimate a couple of years ago after a wreck for $1800. I bought the parts myself for $600, and then splurged on the rest.......BTW, Cervini's hood and front bumper is about $200 cheaper than stock

i didn't have a choice on parts. The shop just went and did it. Plus the insurace company was only going to cover "used" parts. I've got a buddy that's good with fiberglassing. He said if he can get some sheet plastic I can have any front, rear, and sides I want.

Did you go to the bodyshop the insurance co. told you to go to?

If so, they probably own the bodyshop, or have some agreement with them. My roommate used to work for a place that was run by Allstate. Funny how they can make a killing off that by playing the numbers game, when in the end, they're getting the parts from salvage and doing all the body and paint work themselves.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Did you go to the bodyshop the insurance co. told you to go to?

If so, they probably own the bodyshop, or have some agreement with them. My roommate used to work for a place that was run by Allstate. Funny how they can make a killing off that by playing the numbers game, when in the end, they're getting the parts from salvage and doing all the body and paint work themselves.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have Prudential/Highpoint (whoever the hell they are now) and the shop I went to is 10 miles away (closest) and is an apprasal / fixer place for them. They towed my car from the holding lot to the shop for free.

Fairly large place two bay doors out front, small office in front corner, all open inside with a paint booth tucked in the opposite corner in back.