Accufab 75mm TB/Plenum Install Write-up (Biggest DUW Ever)

tomustang said:
nice write-up

U.M.

Uncle meat!!! I didnt know that was you! Makes sence I guess...both have cobras and all. "exposed".

DUDE HELTY, THATS AN INSANE WRITE UP!!!! Im blown away...I though I spent alot of time doing writeups...WOW. This will help people out GREATLY. I cant say enough how good of a writeup this is.
When you install your blower, its going to take about 40 pages to print it out LOL. (seriously $300 in the blower fund :(?)

• Sponsors (?)

Helty, excellent write up Bro!!!!

two things, and a funny.

1st, the plastic tube is easier to get on if you lube it up a little or trim it a little.

2nd, i had very decent gains, one of the only things i would recommend besides pullies, tune exhaust for adding bolt on HP. I gained 1.5 mph in the 1/4 consistently with the 70mm combo and lost it when i went back to stock before selling my 2001.

and the funny thing is when i removed the p&t it was pretty much the first thing i did on the car, and i had a spring left over :D...noticed it went on the throttle cable :rlaugh:

edit: might want to make sure you cover the upper intake opening as well so you dont lose anything down it or accidentally drop something without knowing!!

Jackie Chan said:
Helty, excellent write up Bro!!!!

two things, and a funny.

1st, the plastic tube is easier to get on if you lube it up a little or trim it a little.

2nd, i had very decent gains, one of the only things i would recommend besides pullies, tune exhaust for adding bolt on HP. I gained 1.5 mph in the 1/4 consistently with the 70mm combo and lost it when i went back to stock before selling my 2001.

and the funny thing is when i removed the p&t it was pretty much the first thing i did on the car, and i had a spring left over :D...noticed it went on the throttle cable :rlaugh:

edit: might want to make sure you cover the upper intake opening as well so you dont lose anything down it or accidentally drop something without knowing!!
thanks Hot331, Uncle TomMeatstang :shrug: and JC.

yeah, I was getting ready to run in the house and get some vagasil.....er, vaseline to lube up the intake tube. the problem was that the lower half was distorted, so it wasnt anywhere near a perfect circle. disconnecting the MAF and air filter housing allowed me greater movement with the tube, so much that I had the front of it (where the filter mounts) vertical when I finally got it on there. then I just rotated it down to its normal position and bolted/clamped everything back together. The lube/trim idea makes sense, I'll add that to the original post :nice:

I think I mentioned you should cover the lower manifold opening unless you decided to install the new plenum right away, which I did. there was maybe a 30 second span from the time I removed the stock plenum, took the pic and mounted the Accufab. you're right, the last thing I wanted to happen was to lose something in there without knowing. thats why you should always do a tool and hardware inventory every 15-20 minutes, and at critical checkpoints during the job you're doing.

and its funny you should mention the spring, cuz I did the same thing. I was getting ready to have the queen step on the throttle so I could watch the butterfly and make sure I put the linkage together correctly. right before told her to hit the throttle I saw the spring setting on top of the radiator cover :rlaugh:
hotmustang331 said:
(seriously $300 in the blower fund :(?)
yeah, -$335 for the plenum/TB I couldnt pass up, -$300 security deposit for my new pup, and -$200 for miscellaneous crap I needed around the house. thats $835 I had to draw from the Novi fund. don't fret, tax season is upon us ;)

Jackie Chan said:
hey, i dont see where you edited and said that i said to use lube...lube that pipe up
you mean the intake tube to the T/B? its there. I'll underline it :nice:

its towards the end of the paragraph where I talked about the problems I had.

EDIT: done, I made it Bold instead of underlining it, so it would stand out more. Thanks for the advice :nice:

good write up helty!

I'll just add one problem I had after installing mine. The next day after installing I went to get a dyno tune, and well my TPS broke while on the dyno lol. It was an issue with the spring that's inside of it, but anyways.. here is a video of what it sounded like with a broken tps lol

http://www.csledd.com/ellie/no4th.wmv

Awesome write up. I followed it for the most part. Only thing I did was buy a new TPS so I didn't have to deal with the current one. In my kit that came from Mustang Tuning they gave me new TPS screws that were hex head I believe. I figured for $50 I couldn't beat a new TPS with less hassle :)

nice write up man! I ordered a plentum today actually.

I do have a question that is sort of related .... I ordered a plentum today because I got a good deal and I plan to get a TB later on. Can I use my stock TB with the plentum until I get my 75mm?

Again thx for the write-up.

Great write up and photos,... I purchased the BBK plenum and it comes with the two different sized adapters. For those of you not wanting to play around with the TPS, Ford offers their 70 mm TB with the TPS attached. The price on it has come down by the way,...

thanks for the compliments guys, sorry i havent been around to answer your questions sooner. Ive been out of town since sunday and have another week to go. Interweb access is tough to come by.

Enjoy the new parts, and like said above, you can use a different or stock size TB with an aftermarket plenum.

Nice write up, I had one done on my car a month ago and it will be in a cartech publication sometime in the future. I did run into one problem in my install though, the damn bolt holes for the IAC valve were not deep enough so I had to improvise some washers. BTW I didn't need my adapter so if anyone needs it pm me.

I had an issue with my EGR bolts. The back side one that needs the deepwell socket would not go all the way in. It would screw in part of the way and then start to angle but not crossthread. I'm going to replace it with a different bolt but so far I have had no leaks with it, yet.