Actron or Autoxray?

MYSTICSVT

Founding Member
May 16, 2001
Meridian, Idaho
I'm looking to get a better scan tool than my little flashing light POS. It's gonna be primarily for my 89 LX, but I'd like to be able to read data on my 1997 Cherokee and 2006 Super Duty as well. So far I'm leaning towards the Actron CP9150 or the Autoxray 5000. Anyone have any experience with either one? Or can recommend a better unit for the money?

• Sponsors (?)

AutoXray - I have one and it is very good. You pay some extra $$$ and you can get the feature that allows you to download updates for the scanner from the Internet. However, the Ford ECC IV adapter & software was an extra $75 or so.

For a Fox Mustang, a nicer scanner than the blinking light ones, see http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedproductdescription.asp?3829 – It has a 3 digit LCD display so that you don’t have to count flashes or beeps.. Cost is $30
3145_3X.jpg

I'm with JR. You cant see PID's on a fox, so the extra features of the AX (over a paperclip) are kind of lost AFAIK.

They AX OBD-II unit (4000?) would probably cover the other two vehicles (check their site as I'm not too up on that stuff anymore. FWIW, Jrichker is the one who turned me onto the brand :nice: ).

Good luck.