Adding a blower to a h/c/i sd car

arbailey

Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
New Jersey
Hello all! I have an '88 coupe with a fresh 306 (I told the builder I may add a blower later so it has 4 bolt mains, stud girdle, and an appropriate ring gap). It has the following mods: fenderwell K&N (with home-made tubing), 65mm throttle body, 67mm spacer, Explorer intake, Comp Cams XE264HR cam, "Thumper" E7 heads with GT-40 valves, 1.6 roller rockers, 190lph fuel pump, Kirban afpr, underdrive pulleys, shorty headers, off-road h-pipe, Magnaflow exhaust, T-5Z trans, 3.55 gears, etc... The car dyno'd at 262 rwhp @ 5200, 304 rwtq @ 4000. I have always wanted a blower and would love to add one to my car. I don't want to convert to mass air because when I planned out the combo for this car (h/c/i) it was to see how much power I could make and keep it sd. I know you can add a blower to a stock sd car, but do things change if the car has already been modded like mine? How do you know what fmu, injectors, fuel pump, timing, etc... I am only looking to add an entry level 5-6psi blower. It's not a race car by any means, but I try to go to the track a couple times a year. (PS, I posted this on the other sites as well to get as much info as possible).

• Sponsors (?)