adding a power seats track???

reyesjo

Dec 7, 2004
Hello Gents,

Has anybody here tried to add power seat tracks to a manual seat... I have a set of 1985 1/2 SVO seats, "Recaro style" I would love to maybe add some power tracks too.. I went to the junk yard yesterday in search of some good power track, but didn't find any 1986 and up Mustang with power seats.. Looked at Explorer ones but decided not to buy them until further research. any comments?

• Sponsors (?)

I considered using the power seat tracks from the 2001 Mustang seats that I have in my '65, but there were two major problems:

- The power seat track made the seat REALLY high - too high to get your legs in under the steering wheel, I'd guess

- The floor of a 2001 Mustang must be contoured, or have a riser or something that matches the elevation change in the mounting points on those seat tracks.

Turned out to be way easier to bolt the '65 seat tracks to the '01 seats. fwiw...

tracks

Yup, That is the way I will use them if I have to, just bolt the old track to the new seats..... just drill and tap two new holes. I was hoping someone had a setup where the power track would hide inside the seat and if so would move the seat up, down, or back and forward... without having the seat to far up... thanks for the replys

71-73 cougar power tracks would be your best bet if you can find them but they are only for the driver side, they didn't offer a power passenger seat. anything else will require extensive mods to the seat platform possibly even requiring removal of them completely but i would not recommend removing them as they are a structural part of the car

here is a set on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971...ryZ34206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem