Adding Dual exhaust...Worried about drone noise

Tim From Clevel

Dec 15, 2008
So in the next couple months I am planning on picking up a dual exhaust for my 09' V6. I am curious about a couple things.

As I read through the posts I am getting mixed reviews that many of the exhausts will and will not emit an annoying drone. I am just worried that I am going to spend all this money and hating my exhaust and end up ripping it out. Does anyone have thoughts on this or does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for an HP gain and a not an over the top annoy the neighbors sound but nice sounding roar.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you want to do GT mufflers. I just did duals with GT Mufflers on my girlfriend's car. It's got no drone and it sounds great. Every other muffler I've heard on a V6 sounds really ricey. I cut a factory GT H-Pipe to fit, used the left side over the axle pipe and hanger. Fitment was great of course. Just cut the bumper with a hole saw and cut upwards to the radius' and cleaned it up with a dremel.

Sounds like you want to do GT mufflers. I just did duals with GT Mufflers on my girlfriend's car. It's got no drone and it sounds great. Every other muffler I've heard on a V6 sounds really ricey. I cut a factory GT H-Pipe to fit, used the left side over the axle pipe and hanger. Fitment was great of course. Just cut the bumper with a hole saw and cut upwards to the radius' and cleaned it up with a dremel.

As I read more the GT's sound like what I will end up going with just because I dont want any headaches and just want a good sounding exhaust with no drone.

I did just read in the Feb. issue of Modified Mustangs that Corsa makes exhausts that have sound cancellation in them and "no drone" is one of their selling points. Does anyone else have any experience with either GT or Corsa exhausts on a V6?