adding low tq, 98 snake

hey guys, have a 98 cobra that is currently in stock form. im stuck in florida at the moment but im making my way back to the UK with a bbk OR X pipe, JLT intake, 4.10 gears and a few other mods like steeda shifter etc.

i want to add more low down torque, i originally wanted an OR H pipe but only place that had them was the warehouse in cali so had gone for the X.

i realise that it will help having gears as it will feel like im adding power lower end because of it getting quicker into the powerband but i want some more SOTP torque.

can i get this using a tune with the mods i have? or do i need to add a kenne bell before i will get it?

Neill

• Sponsors (?)

Add a power adder (Kenne Bell, custom Eaton, nitrous), swallow the mileage loss and go with gears or quite frankly do a 5.4L swap. Stroker 4.6L's aren't going to jump up torque figures in the low end significantly. And for what it would cost you to work up that 4.6L, you could perform a complete used 5.4L DOHC swap. Those are pretty much your only options for adding any sort of significant low end torque.