Adding Sync?

RochesterGT

Jul 18, 2006
Penfield, NY
My girlfriend has a '10 Fusion with the Sync package and I get envious whenever we ride in her car. I cheaped out and didn't get the premium GT, so no Sync package, but does anyone have any idea if I can just buy the parts online or something and install it?

• Sponsors (?)

I too have seen that. I am not certain if it works with newer models. It may. I believe it is far from cheap, probably costly and difficult to install and will never look factory. It just can't.
I would go to an aftermarket navigation system with voice controls, satellite, Ipod controls, etc. before installing that. I think it would look better and probably cost less in the end.

I too have seen that. I am not certain if it works with newer models. It may. I believe it is far from cheap, probably costly and difficult to install and will never look factory. It just can't.
I would go to an aftermarket navigation system with voice controls, satellite, Ipod controls, etc. before installing that. I think it would look better and probably cost less in the end.

The only difference is that external set of buttons you can put anywhere, otherwise it's just like stock including full bluetooth integration, USB input, etc. It's $448 which to me is CHEAP for the functionality.

My girlfriend has a '10 Fusion with the Sync package and I get envious whenever we ride in her car. I cheaped out and didn't get the premium GT, so no Sync package, but does anyone have any idea if I can just buy the parts online or something and install it?

NOt trying to make you feel bad, but that's why I ask people why they spend over $30k for a nice car and dont get the option that includes the leather, nice stereo, steering wheel, sync, etc. Ive seen posts already with guys asking how to upgrade that ugly base steering wheel. Hope you get it..You'll love it.!!
RC

NOt trying to make you feel bad, but that's why I ask people why they spend over $30k for a nice car and dont get the option that includes the leather, nice stereo, steering wheel, sync, etc. Ive seen posts already with guys asking how to upgrade that ugly base steering wheel. Hope you get it..You'll love it.!!
RC

Eh, I didn't think the ~$3k extra for the premium GT was really worth having the leather seats which I didn't really like, the better steering wheel, and Sync. I really wanted my base GT with Sync but that of course isn't possible.

Eh, I didn't think the ~$3k extra for the premium GT was really worth having the leather seats which I didn't really like, the better steering wheel, and Sync. I really wanted my base GT with Sync but that of course isn't possible.

Dont forget the Mach 500 and the fancy schmancy multi-colored dash and door sill lighting.

Anyway..that aside, i would go with the above on the sync option.
RC

What about retrofitting into an older model, like a fox body? I have a double-DIN opening that looks like it'll fit the touch screen. And I'm sure I can find a place to mount the module and various connections. What I can't connect to is the vehicle computer, which I assume is for vehicle health report or something.

Would I have a problem installing the latest MyFord Touch Sync kit linked above? Which ACMs can be used with a retrofit kit? I've seen full touch screen ACM in the latest Fiesta and the kit's instructions show a basic two knob CD player ACM.

Also, does the system include navigation? traffic alerts? Handsfree bluetoth? all the bluetooth/ipod/usb music interaction? Or do any of these features need add-on components?