Adjustable brake proportioning valve - where did you mount yours?

• Sponsors (?)

Nick, did you gut your dist block? In 69 it also serves as a prop valve itself. I was going to pull mine entirely and have the one of the M/C ports go right to a tee for the front lines and the other port right to the Wilwood prop valve for the rear.

I didn't have that prob because I have a 65 and just used the 65 distribution block. The rear lines go from the bowl, to the prop valve, to the rear where the rear distribution block splits them for the 2 rear calipers. The front line goes from the bowl to the 65 distribution block to the front calipers. It was a simple matter of screwing in a plug for the one port left over on the distribution block since I am not sending fluid out the stock rear brake port on it. So in essence...this is what it sounds like you are planning. If you do that though, on the 69 your brake indicator light won't work anymore since it is wired into the distro block as well IIRC

Nick, did you gut your dist block? In 69 it also serves as a prop valve itself. I was going to pull mine entirely and have the one of the M/C ports go right to a tee for the front lines and the other port right to the Wilwood prop valve for the rear.

That is what I've done. I haven't finished things out yet but I ran out of the MC, through a line lock, to a T for the front and to the adjustable prop value and then to rear. Should work.
-Stephen

Installed mine just above the distribution block.

156243.jpg