Advantages of la3, large vam, and 35# injectors

SILENTCARL

Feb 15, 2007
What kind of gain would you see with going from the small vam and smaller injectors to the la3, large vam, and 35# injectors?

I've been thinking about getting them even before I swap the motor in July....

• Sponsors (?)

I should have searched harder, but I found that it is about a 25hp gain! I will be saving up for the la3 (or similar) and large vam... Since I already have the injectors.

Thanks for the reply.

ah, cool, sounds like i got a good one. '88 tc, 5spd, 130xxx mi, runs like a top but tranny grinding on 2-3. i traded my '91 turbo shadow es & got the TC + $500. i'm wanting to get a c4 to mate to the 2.3t and instal it into a miata next year. my goal is high 200s, hopefully 300rwhp but i'm not sure how limited i'll get. i figure 20-25psi(he351 holset), open intake for the i/c and whatnot/exhaust, gasket-matched porting, ported up intake, water inj., then i'll probably need larger injectors/vam(which i still dont quite understand where this is, is it a black box plugged into the air box that has the little revolving door type deal in it and air filter on top?).

ah, cool, so i need that if i swap the motor into anything? mk, is this some sort of MAP type system? i'm still not exactly sure what it does. from what i have seen it's a ford thing and it looks like it performs a lot like the MAP on turbo chryslers like mine. also, if i'm looking to up the boost to say, oh, 25psi, is there anyone that recalibrates ECU's or any way i can bypass something so i dont hit overboost?