Aeromotive 340lph Fuel Pump

Sparky714

Oct 16, 2015
North Dakota
I'm getting ready to install my Vortech V3 and I have to do a fuel pump upgrade. I have a Aeromotive 340lph pump that I am going to install. My question is, is this sufficient for for a supercharger running 8-10psi of boost, or do I still install the T-Rex inline pump that comes in the Vortech kit?

• Sponsors (?)

That pump is more than enough! You don't need the T rex. The 340lph is rated to handle up to somewhere around 700 flywheel horsepower forced induction. I've had one on my vert for years.
13psi and 518 to the tires.
It slides right into the factory housing and is plug and play.
Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
That pump is more than enough! You don't need the T rex. The 340lph is rated to handle up to somewhere around 700 flywheel horsepower forced induction. I've had one on my vert for years.
13psi and 518 to the tires.
It slides right into the factory housing and is plug and play.
Good Luck!

That's what I was hoping for. I have stock fuel lines and rails, will that be an issue? I've also read that with pumps this big I could run into some vapor lock issues from fuel heating up due to the large amount of return flow that is circulated. Any issues with that?

It's too big. This summer after it heats up, you are likely going to begin running into issues that you can't explain. The thread title will read something like:

"Car breaks up in higher RPM" or "Stalls and Won't Start" or Something else along those lines.

The reason will be that ambient temp along that huge pump within a return style fuel system will be constantly circulating gas from the tank... all the way to the fuel rails and back again. It will continually heat the gas and return it to the tank until it begins to boil.

It's too big. This summer after it heats up, you are likely going to begin running into issues that you can't explain. The thread title will read something like:

"Car breaks up in higher RPM" or "Stalls and Won't Start" or Something else along those lines.

The reason will be that ambient temp along that huge pump within a return style fuel system will be constantly circulating gas from the tank... all the way to the fuel rails and back again. It will continually heat the gas and return it to the tank until it begins to boil.

That's what I was worried about. I got a good deal on this pump, but when I started doing some reading, these are some of the issues I found. So a 255 and I still don't need the T-Rex?

That's what I was worried about. I got a good deal on this pump, but when I started doing some reading, these are some of the issues I found. So a 255 and I still don't need the T-Rex?

Please refrain from even saying or typing "T-Rex". Those little helper pumps would be a restriction to any in-tank that's 190L/hr or larger. No, you don't need a T-Rex. They are helper pumps for the original kit and are used for folks installing their SC that still have 88L/hr OEM pumps.

Reactions: 1 users
Please refrain from even saying or typing "T-Rex". Those little helper pumps would be a restriction to any in-tank that's 190L/hr or larger. No, you don't need a T-Rex. They are helper pumps for the original kit and are used for folks installing their SC that still have 88L/hr OEM pumps.

Got it. I will get the 255 and add the aforementioned pump to my stack of used parts. :nice:

Guess I and many of my local buddy's have been real lucky running these pumps because no problems for any of us. Heck, I've had mine in there for 5 years or so now. Not one problem whatsoever.

Carry On

Guess I and many of my local buddy's have been real lucky running these pumps because no problems for any of us. Heck, I've had mine in there for 5 years or so now. Not one problem whatsoever.

Carry On

I've read a lot of guys that have them say they work with no problems. But I've read about a few that do too. I only want to drop the tank once, so I'm going to go on the cautious side and go with a 255. Thanks for the input though!

There is a high pressure and a low pressure pump. You need the high pressure pump.

If for whatever reason, your electrical system ends up being less than the best, you can an an in-line conditioner like a boost-a-pump to ensure steady voltage. With a pressure switch, you can even have voltage (and fuel volume) ramp up when boost is detected.