AEROMOTIVE 340LPH STEALTH FUEL PUMP

• Sponsors (?)

I'm also extremely curious as to why they did that. Isn't that pump plug and play? Were they trying to bypass some other electrical issue? Seems like more work to do that than just find the issue.

And that's why nobody wants touches my stang but me. No f in way I pay a so called pro to dick me over.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also extremely curious as to why they did that. Isn't that pump plug and play? Were they trying to bypass some other electrical issue? Seems like more work to do that than just find the issue.
they bypassed my inertia switch because I used to have a 255 Walbro and it kept cutting out they said because of the Inertia Wiring, so they bypassed it now I see that LMR has a kit https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8604CRS/Mustang-Fuel-Cutoff-Inertia-Switch-Harness-86-04 I might buy this.

My guess is they went to tie into the fuel pump relay and tied into the wrong side of the relay. Instead it's probably connected to the constantly powered side of the relay rather than the switched side.

The pink/black wire on the FP circuit moves around depending on the year of the car. In the early years of the aero nose, the pink/black was the load from the FP relay out to the pump. Around 1991 it changed and the pink/black is now the feed for the relay and has constant power. Of course, all the generic online wiring diagrams are wrong and always show the pink/black as the wire out to the inertia switch, when this is wrong.

All a guess of course.

Last edited:
My guess is they went to tie into the fuel pump relay and tied into the wrong side of the relay. Instead it's probably connected to the constantly powered side of the relay rather than the switched side.

The pink/black wire on the FP circuit moves around depending on the year of the car. In the early years of the aero nose, the pink/black was the load from the FP relay out to the pump. Around 1991 it changed and the pink/black is now the feed for the relay and has constant power. Of course, all the generic online wiring diagrams are wrong and always show the pink/black as the wire out to the inertia switch, when this is wrong.

All a guess of course.

Maybe but there should be no reason to tie the pump into the relay outside the stock harness. That fuel pump fits in the stock fuel pump assembly, you might need to solder a new plug on there but that's it. They were bypassing some issue after that. Maybe the inertia switch went bad who knows but finding the problem shouldn't be that complicated, I cant fathom running a wire from the fuel pump directly to the fuse box.

Maybe a big name shop but I bet they have a bunch of young kids working on the cars they don't care about.

Maybe but there should be no reason to tie the pump into the relay outside the stock harness. That fuel pump fits in the stock fuel pump assembly, you might need to solder a new plug on there but that's it. They were bypassing some issue after that. Maybe the inertia switch went bad who knows but finding the problem shouldn't be that complicated, I cant fathom running a wire from the fuel pump directly to the fuse box.

Maybe a big name shop but I bet they have a bunch of young kids working on the cars they don't care about.

You got me. It’s certainly not how I would have done it. :shrug:

• Haha