aerostar aluminum driveshaft swap!

• Sponsors (?)

Just an FYI. There is a tool available for U joint replacement. It's $30 at Harbor Freight tools. It's worth every penny and can save a lot of aggravation. I've seen people break new U joints, yolks, driveshafts and loose bearings while pounding on U joints.

Do yourself a favor and buy the tool. It'll keep you from looking like a monkey pounding on a precision tooled part with a sledge hammer.:nono:

It's also a lot faster than beating the joints in and out.

why would i suck it up and spend 300$ when i can get the same thing for 75$ as long as there are no marks dings or dents in it! its the same thing as you have! only i didnt spend almost 300$ for it! why would i pay that much for something when i can get it a fraction of the price! sound like the only thing getting sucked is your wallet!! LOL:rlaugh: :lol: as for the vibration that why the aerostars have the aluminum driveshaft! to cure the vibration! i know others who have done the samething and have no vibrations! so as for sucking it up ... i think ill keep my money in my wallet for now! and use it for something else! like something that will make my car go faster!!hoo hoo

not to get off topic... but what makes you think they switched to aluminum because it has less vibration? why would aluminum vibrate less that steel?... i mean we straiten and balance them all before we are done building them..what the diffrence in material? a serious question i jsut really wasnt sure..:shrug:

I also want to add that the napa part #1-0134BF is for the heavy duty u-joint
They don't have a greese fitting. the BF in the part number means Brute Force. If you want a u-joint with a greese fitting you could order a 1-0134 U-joint