AFPR Question

rdksek844

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2001
Port St. Lucie, FL
I have an AFPR and was wonering how to adjust it. I diddnt install it, it came with the car and I found that my Fuel pressure is at 38#. I think with my limited amount of mods and rich condition that i should try backing it down a little. Just a quick insrtuction would be great. Thanks in advance. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

rdksek844 said:
I have an AFPR and was wonering how to adjust it. I diddnt install it, it came with the car and I found that my Fuel pressure is at 38#. I think with my limited amount of mods and rich condition that i should try backing it down a little. Just a quick insrtuction would be great. Thanks in advance. :shrug:

Stock engine? stock injectors? having a fuel pressure guage?

Yeah i just adjusted it to 38 with vac off, and 31 with it on. I seems to run alot better, and im hoping fuel economy will go up. I also noticed a slight drop in seat of the pants feel but that could also be the temp outside is about 80° versus the 60° ive been having the last couple of months.

rdksek844 said:
Yeah i just adjusted it to 38 with vac off, and 31 with it on. I seems to run alot better, and im hoping fuel economy will go up. I also noticed a slight drop in seat of the pants feel but that could also be the temp outside is about 80° versus the 60° ive been having the last couple of months.

If you was 8psi over.... you was running way too rich, and certainly loosing power, by running at the coorect air/fuel ratio im sure that you have won a fiew hp :nice: