Afr 165cc heads or 185cc?

88stangmangt

Nov 25, 2003
Stafford,VA
i know that a stock 5.0 cant run 185cc heads due to p/v clerance but after much de-bate i have decided to pull my 302 and re-build it with a hypertunic re-build kit from summit the only new thing other than all the enigine gaskets etc. is the hypertuanic piston heads but i need to know if anyone knows if they afre fly cut so i could run afr's 185cc heads? the blower is on the way (s-trim) and i am ordering the best cam i can get and still be emissions legal for blower specs from ed curtis tomorrow havnt decided on the intake yet. will the 185's be to much? for this combo? after much de-bate and reading the article in the new 5.0 mag where the guy has his stock short block 302 with the s-trim at 544hp and 10.40/sec's in the 1/4 i have decided to give it a shot. :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't run those soft piston with a blower if i were you...I'd get the forged kit and have your machine guy notch the pistons some to clear those 2.02 valves in the 185 head and who says' you can run185's on a stock block? You can mill those heads down some and Notch the pistons and get a cam shaft that will work with those heads(Custom would be the way to go here) and see what results you get.