AFR 185 Heads help!!!!

67staaang

Mar 30, 2005
Alright guys here is my situation. I am planning to build a 347 really soon and this guy is selling these AFR 185 heads. close to brand new but has 250 miles. im looking to get 450 hp out of the 347. He has these heads listed for 1000. what do you guys think about it? how much do you think its worth? and will i be able to hit 450 hp with these heads and correct combination? What cam should i put in? thanks for all your guys help and support.

"185cc intake runner
heads and these are fully cnc ported and are setup for
ped. mount rockers these heads have a 58cc combustion..
well the heads are damn near new they went in with the
motor so the heads have under 250 miles on them the
only thing that has been done to the heads is i sent
them out to have the springs set up for cam shafts in
the 220 deg of duration @ .050 up to 228 deg of
duration @.050 and handle lift in the range of .490
@.050 up to .550 @ .050 and these the way they are
setup up will only work with a hydraulic roller or
hydraulic flat tappet."

• Sponsors (?)

would a shop have to fly cut the pistons? sorry im a newb at this. just trying to gain knowledge before i actually go into doing it. do you guys think 1000 is a reasonable price?

sold his car. and he was selling it with his 302 but the guy who bought his 302 didnt want the heads so hes now selling them.. another question what stroker kit and pistons would you guys recommend that would help me get at least 450 hp? thanks

Another :nice: for Brian. The springs he's talking about sound like the stock AFR springs, you'll probably have to upgrade them. The only thing that would bother me is that they are pedestal mount heads. Personally, I'd prefer the stud mount for the HP range you want. What type of cam are you going to use?

im thinkin about a comp cam..but im not sure..im wondering what you guys would recommend to get 450hp with these heads? i want it to be able to hear that cam rumble!! if ya know what i mean!!! thanks guys