AFR valve cover question

purevenm

May 27, 2005
I'm looking for a set of chrome valve covers that will clear DSS roller rockers on a set of AFR 185 heads that are not considered "TALL".

Also, not wanting the ones where the filler neck is on the front passenger V/C. Looking for push in breather type or no holes to drill my own.

I have heard that FOX covers will work, but wanting confirmmation from someone that has them on the 302 using at most a 3/8"spacer. Photos and place where you ordered or purchased would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
PURE VNM

• Sponsors (?)

This is not exactly your combo, but it might help ... I have AFR 205s and Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers. My stock valve covers fit over them. I have chrome Holley valve covers from Summit (#HLY-241-81), stock height.

on-motor.jpg

vc-01.JPG

vc-04.JPG

Thanks, blackvert for the reply, I don't think they will cover my roller rockers. The DSS r/r's I'm running are wider. See attached photos.

Still looking for anyone running AFR heads 165 or 185 with my style of R/R's running Fox valve covers. I really want to order them but need personal confirmation from some one running them that they will work. Even if I remove the baffle plates/screens.

I don't know it any of this will help you :shrug:

I run 165's
I run Scorpion stud rr's which are some of the largest out there
I run Fox VC's
I run no spacer

1) I removed the splash guard from the VC's

2) I removed a small amount of material from the front bolt boss
on each VC

3) I cut the filler neck in half and used a 2" section of ricer car
radiator hose to reposition the top half

4) I used one thin washer on each alternator mount location
to shim it slightly forward

It may seem like a lot of work :(
but
Items 1 - 4 were accomplished in just over an hour :)

Common sense and a die grinder was all I used for an easy fix :D

Grady

nope, no spacer.

the summit site says they are stock height, but to me they look a little taller.

the breather thingy did have a problem with the throttle body, but i have a 410 which may make a difference. my installer swapped them so that valve cover is on the driver's side

oh ... and don't think we don't notice that KB sitting there ... :nice:

I believe I have found a set...I hope, I already paid for them.

Well, I think I have purchased a set that will work...tell me what you think. I found them from JOE HECK RACING. Or should I say, found them on ebay from Joe Heck racing. They are a new product from them and are modified specificly for 94-95 mustang gt and cobra. If they cover my Alum. R/R's, then it will be a plug and play part. Meaning no modifications needed.

I know like most of you that sometimes ford doesn't make some of the parts for use 94-95 gt/cobra owners. I would love a s351 wing for my 95 cobra but its not made for my year and model. So, I wanted to pass along that this set of valve covers from JOE HECK RACING is specific to us 94 and 95 guy and gals. I purchased one of the two set available on ebay. If you are interested in the other set that was available at the time I posted this, here is the ebay item number....290125936501 ,check it out if you want. Also here a photo form the Ebay auction.