AFR vs. Trickflow cylinder heads

• Sponsors (?)

Grn92LX said:
Is there anyway you can scan the dyno results and post the combo they used in that test? I believe it was a 331 or a 347? I been looking for that issue and I can't find it in my room. [email protected]

Mike

Yea, I know how yea feel.I had like 100 misc. mags and my father made me get rid of them because they were starting to clutter up the shop floor and stuff, lol.

Grn92LX said:
Thanks guys, I just looked at the article. Wow, the TW heads hung right with the 185's. The 185's made 10 more average hp/tq on the 333.

I got a feeling that the TFS heads would have equiled or even beat the AFR 185cc if it was on a standarded bore motor, because of the semi-cant on the intake valve on the TFS.

bluevenom867 said:
I got a feeling that the TFS heads would have equiled or even beat the AFR 185cc if it was on a standarded bore motor, because of the semi-cant on the intake valve on the TFS.

I don't see how the overbore makes a difference when comparing the 2 heads. On that combo the 185's are clearly the winner. Either way, i'm partial to the trickflow stuff and I wouldnt ever put anything afr on any of my engines. Just how I feel :)

1) My off road x-pipe scrapes pretty easily without passengers on big speed bumps. No crushing yet; just scraping.
2) See my sig... 310rwhp on dyno three weeks ago(dynojet).
3) Either head will do equally well powerwise as others have so kindly stated.
4) AFR165's=no piston to valve interference; Twisted wedges= better clay it to be sure....

tonydalrymple said:
1) My off road x-pipe scrapes pretty easily without passengers on big speed bumps. No crushing yet; just scraping.
2) See my sig... 310rwhp on dyno three weeks ago(dynojet).
3) Either head will do equally well powerwise as others have so kindly stated.
4) AFR165's=no piston to valve interference; Twisted wedges= better clay it to be sure....

First of all i'm born in Bosnia / Europe now live in USA and my english sux so don't critize me

TW heads with no more than .500 lift cam will clear piston to valve interference
I have TW with B-31 AFM cam (blower cam) with .544 i had to flycut pistons ,but hey its .544 lift thats like Trick flow stage 4 cam
AND i have 3900lbs Stang GT vert and i run 12.9@108 with just 1.8 60ft

No, peak lift has NOTHING to do with it! You can run a LOT LARGER cam than a .500" with TW heads on stock pistons. My cam now is a lot more than .500", clears just fine and my heads are milled .020".

Fwiw, my longtubes do not scrape. The H pipe clamp is what scrapes on certain driveways due to the way I clamped it when I installed it. And im way too lazy to crawl under the car and move it.