AFS rims, how is quality???

• Sponsors (?)

i got a set of chrome AFS 03 cobra 18s. they look HOT. granted, i'm not a wheel expert, but i can't tell a difference from OEM (except the size).

they have good customer service and they're not a shady company. i'd buy from them again.

i've never heard of essenza tires though. you might want to research them to find out more before you buy.

I have a little bubble in the chrome in mine, but for $400 for all 4 rims I'm not going to complain. You can't see it unless you get right up on the rim. Other than that I love them!! The car stays in the garage and I don't drive it in the rain/snow so I don't have to worry about the pitting issue.

johnnyvista said:
i got a set of chrome AFS 03 cobra 18s. they look HOT. granted, i'm not a wheel expert, but i can't tell a difference from OEM (except the size).

they have good customer service and they're not a shady company. i'd buy from them again.

.QUOTE]

I got one too. No issue yet. But needed alot of weight to balance them for some reason :shrug: thier costomer surveice is first class!

GeorgiaGT40 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&rd=1&item=7923973806&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I have heard that they don't fit as good as the OEM ones, is this true??? :shrug:

I don't know if you are going to buy this set or not but the tires offered with this particular set aren't that great for traction. I read that it has a 380 tread wear and thats a pretty hard rubber. When I buy tires, my max tread wear rating taht I will get is 320 because I had a set with 400 and I sold those after a week of installing them because all I did was slide around.

mity2 said:
I got one too. No issue yet. But needed alot of weight to balance them for some reason :shrug: thier costomer surveice is first class!

actually yea thats true, my back wheel has like (literally) 1 foot of weights taped onto it.
4 for 450$ tho, i cant complain =).

I just happened to get a new pair of 18's from AFS there polished and look good. :D They were also very nice.

543136_65_full.jpg

my buddy had them on his Autumn Orange 97GT and they flaked soo bad when he traded the car there was hardly any chrome left on them. He bought them cheap and they lasted about 2 years. he somehow polished them enough that it fooled the guy who took the car in trade until after the papers were signed. The guy was pissed when he noticed it as my bud left the lot in his new ride.

Mine arrived at the speed shop today, and I will be picking up my Chrome 10.5" Cobra Rs tomorrow. I just spoke with the owner of the shop and he said they are gorgeous! I ordered the FRPP Cobra R centre caps to go in them as well so I will post pics as we get them on the car. I am picky and they are going on a show car, so I will give honest impressions as I see them. I matched them with my 9" FRPP Rs on the front.
~Darren

"The product is being sold as-is with no warranty. All sales are final. The product may have minor cosmetic blemishes not specifically mentioned. Any blemishes would be of a cosmetic nature only and would not affect the safety or performance of the item."

That kinda worries me :shrug: