After Suspension Upgrades, My Fr500 Now Rub On My Control Arm...need Wheel Advice

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
Gentleman,

After installing new lower control arms, ball joints, bushing, isolators, and 1.2" lowering springs, the inside of my FR500s are rubbing on my lower control arm when I try to turn. It isnt even close. I will attach photo of max turn radius. The fr500s are 17x9.... people with similar setup, what wheels are you using? Does everyone have issues with 17 x 9? Or do thise FR500 just have a weird offset? Seems like I cannot get any 17 x 8 wheels ANYWHERE, and a few of the 17 x 9 listed on LMR share the same offset as the FR500s..... outside of putting on spacers, what the hell can i do???

• Sponsors (?)

photo

Attachments

• 20170721_235549.jpg
    20170721_235549.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 209
I was going to mention the same thing. I have 18x9 up front, and get a slight rub in a hard right hand corner. Limiters should fix it, it's just another thing on the list.

Reactions: 1 user
I was going to mention the same thing. I have 18x9 up front, and get a slight rub in a hard right hand corner. Limiters should fix it, it's just another thing on the list.
I have 17x9, same as guy above and rubbed on left turns. car is on Jack stands right now but i installed tubular arms and have miles of room now.

Reactions: 1 user
I have 17x9, same as guy above and rubbed on left turns. car is on Jack stands right now but i installed tubular arms and have miles of room now.

wish I would have went this route. just installed new factory a arms, not going to replace them for a long time. i don't think those rack limited will help me because if you see the attached photo, that wheel is not turned very much, and it is maxed out at my that point. the limiters would just stop my wheel from getting to the point where it rubs.... i need to be able to make a turn though haha