Roush Aftermarket brakes, your opinion please?

Mstng2

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2002
- - Zion - -
  • Sponsors (?)

I would avoid cross drilled, they have a propensity for cracking, and aren't really necessary for modern brake pads.

I have rear rotors from this company: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SLOT...ryZ33564QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They aren't Brembo quality, but have held up through multiple mountain runs and autocrosses.

I would suggest getting used front cobra calipers and install them. If you rebuild them yourself you can do the whole thing extremely inexpensively. Then just buy new rotors and pads. For the rear all you will need to get the differently sized axle bracket and rotor, you can reuse your stock caliper with slight modification.

Going this route would be very cheap, provide great performance, tons of part availability, and use all OEM parts.

Try searching for cobra calipers in www.car-part.com I just glanced on there and saw one caliper in good shape with the brackets for $60 each, with the cheapest one listed in the $30s. The rebuild kit from ford is easy to use and isn't too expensive.

The fronts are really easy to swap, for the rear you will need to remove the axles, but it isn't too bad.

Whatever route you go, good luck!