aftermarket cams and vaccum?

Mar 31, 2005
I know I always read about issues with aftermarket cams and pulling enough vaccum to run power brakes etc... does anyone have these problems on here with mild h/c/i setups? some magazines i read that mention this say its a big problem (and i can imagine it would be if you didnt have brakes) but is this even a problem for our vaccum system design? is it even noticeable at all?? Thanks, Kyle P.S. i know i have already posted this about a week ago, but i have multiple problems with my account. I have never had a "new post" since day one and need to search my name to even view my old posts, plus all of my posts dont show up when i search my name for "all posts started by droptop..." or "all posts made by droptop..." so sorry in advance if this is a repost

• Sponsors (?)

After I got my tune really stable .................

Just to see what would happen, I put my idle down to 700 one afternoon :D

It loped really bad :notnice:
and
Stalled a few times :rlaugh:
but
I never noticed my brakes not working or anything else like that :shrug:

Grady

thats good to hear, i also hope the tfs stage 1 cam can hold an idle at 700 rpms, i dont like a high idle, unless it still lopes and sounds bad-ass:D i need all the ricers and teenagers to not want to mess with me when i stop at a light... its bad as it is, i need them to be scared, hehe

That never seems to work for me. My car sounds pretty nasty and I still get everyone wanting to go stop light to stop light with me. :nonono: I actually find it pretty offensive when some chick pulls up next to me in her moms Camry and wants to race! WTF!! :mad:

your tfs stage 1 cam will hold an idle at 600 rpms and have good vacumn, if your lines are good. It's still in my engine for the time being and no braking issues ever